One Song Repeat

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

johnnysocko

One Song Repeat

Post by johnnysocko »

Winamp has the continuous repeat on selected song.
I miss that in MM.
Song comes into to the playlist, wow, that rocks, stick it until the wife comes and tells me what are you a mental patient, haven't you heard that enough?
Lowlander

Re: One Song Repeat

Post by Lowlander »

osakan

Post by osakan »

Hello,

Sorry for reviving such an old thread but I, too, would love to have a native single track repeat button.
The add-on just doesn't do MM enough justice. It cant be automatically turned on, it doesn't work in shuffle mode, and last but not least, it's a (sorry but) ugly button placed at a totally 'wrong' location.
p1r4cy

Post by p1r4cy »

Yeah, I find it ridiculous that Mediamonkey doesn't have a single-repeat button, it's a basic functionality that any basic music player has, let alone an advanced one like MM. It's like Photoshop without a crop tool. :cry:
musziqluvher

Post by musziqluvher »

Well, I was using this one. For some reason it stopped working with one of the recent updates to MMW :(. Hopefully someone releases another plugin or this becomes a standard feature like it was in WinAmp. R.I.P.
MMW 5.0.4.2690 | MMA 2.0.0.1063

MM Remote 2.9 | Android 13
MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Sounds a little too Peter and Surfin Bird :).
Did you leave a note for the addon dev about it not working?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
musziqluvher

Post by musziqluvher »

dtsig wrote:Sounds a little too Peter and Surfin Bird :).
Did you leave a note for the addon dev about it not working?
I have now, hehe. I replied on the thread where it was posted. I still think it should be a standard option.

MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b
DerekWade

Most basic feature of ANY player missing...

Post by DerekWade »

What bozo programmer thought that it would be a good idea to NOT include a simple "repeat track" feature?

I've seen that there is a script that does it. Why do I need to add a script to my player to get the same functionality I had on a CD-player in 1997?

If I'm missing something, please point me in the right direction and call me an idiot. I'll happily accept it. But if there truly is no "repeat one song" button, then the developers are out of their minds to charge for this product.

Commence with the name calling-- as long as you tell me where that gorram button is.

DW
MMFrLife

Re: Most basic feature of ANY player missing...

Post by MMFrLife »

Yes, it does seem a bit awkward. The only way I know to do it "simply" (but unintuitively) is to enable Play > Continuous from menu > make sure it is
the only track in Now Playing.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
DerekWade

Post by DerekWade »

MMFrLife wrote:Yes, it does seem a bit awkward. The only way I know to do it "simply" (but unintuitively) is to enable Play > Continuous from menu > make sure it is
the only track in Now Playing.
I ain't gonna lie, man. I was REALLY hoping you were going to call me names for missing something so obvious. I was gonna let you. Heck, I was even going to suggest a few.

One thing is for certain... I'm not paying for this or advocating anyone else do so until this basic feature is added. According to my Google searches, users have been asking for this since 2010!

Thanks,

DW
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

You showed both frustration and humility and that's classy enough in my book :wink: .

Besides, it really is a legitimate complaint. It seems really strange that the only native single track repeating/looping is an "isolated" event.
One should be a able to natively have a list of songs loaded and then choose one from the list to repeat without getting rid of the other songs.
Something like select song > right-click > repeat. That seems more intuitive anyway.
There are some programs/player software that don't have stop buttons (which I hate). Even though MM's default skin (Metro) is stop capable, you
have to dig it out as a toolbar button/player controls. It should also be part of the player area. I mean, really? It doesn't get anymore classic/old school than
play, pause and stop.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
musziqluvher

Post by musziqluvher »

MMFrLife wrote:There are some programs/player software that don't have stop buttons (which I hate). Even though MM's default skin (Metro) is stop capable, you
have to dig it out as a toolbar button/player controls. It should also be part of the player area. I mean, really? It doesn't get anymore classic/old school than
play, pause and stop.
IKR. haha. I would like to report, however, that the plugin does work. But, it does have a lil bug. It won't repeat the song if you also have the "random" option set. Just one of many small things I miss about my dear old WinAmp. MMW is coming along quite nicely tho.

MMW Gold | MMA Pro
Win11 64b
DerekWade

Post by DerekWade »

I don't know which of the forum moderators decided to move my thread and join it with this one, but I wish you had not done so. Consolidating threads makes the forum more tidy, true, but it also presents the appearance of fewer requests for features. As it is, apparently MM users have been asking for a one song repeat since 2010.

Let's not give the devs a way out on something that should have been standard feature before the Beta was released, eh?

DW
CatFish21sm

Single song Repeat

Post by CatFish21sm »

I love MM, it's a huge help, but the one thing that really ruins it for me is the inability to repeat a single song. That seems like a simple function so is there any real reason that the ability doesn't exist?
I would be more than happy to buy the Gold version if it did, but the fact that it doesn't is a little worrying I'm unsure if it can't easily support the function or if it just hasnt been added by the devs yet.
I'm not necessarily referring to the PC version, the Android version is my big concern.
Is there a fix for this or will it be added in a future version or will I just have to use a playlist solely devoted to repeating a single song?

I found a nice little fix. Somehow I got my google music app on my android to use my mediamonkey playlists. Still kinda annoying that I have to go to a different app to play my music though.
Last edited by CatFish21sm on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MMFrLife

Re: Single song Repeat

Post by MMFrLife »

This is one of those bizarre request items. In the sense of "it's such a big mystery" and can't be explained as to why this can't be natively implemented on principle
alone
(not relying on whether people are requesting it). It just makes logical sense. Maybe just as logical as the reason for not adding it yet, but we've
yet to hear one (if so, can someone point me to that thread so I can maybe "eat crow" :lol: ). I understand about not doing too much to mess with the core program,
but are things like "repeat" really just so wild and wacky that their true place is officially deemed to be in the realm of the add-on? I hope this gets
implemented, not only in MM5 (or maybe it is already, need to look again) but 4 as well.
😜