Automatic Updating

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Kronn8

Automatic Updating

Post by Kronn8 »

I should not have to manually reinstall MediaMonkey every time a new version comes out. I would even be willing to pay for MediaMonkey Gold if it had automatic updating as a feature, but alas, it does not.
Peke

Re: Automatic Updating

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Automatic Updates only kicks in when stable is released. We decided not to bother with quick ocassionaly day to day updates/releases of beta versions no matter how stable they are.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

MiraJaneViva, I think it is a very good idea that only 'released' versions are updated and that the betas are not. That way you have a choice of whether to install or not. Many users would not feel secure in using a beta.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I hope eventually betas can get their own (separate option) update notification, but in the meanwhile just subscribe to: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=54426 and you'll get emails when a new beta is released.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to choose the update channel, like you can with Chrome for example.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

trixmoto wrote:Yeah, it would be nice to be able to choose the update channel, like you can with Chrome for example.
Definitely!
I solved a problem with a new version of MM some weeks ago that was not suggested by MM as an update. A little notification about new Beta/Hotfixes would be great.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Why not simply subscribe to the MMW and MMA topics for updates?
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

dtsig wrote:Why not simply subscribe to the MMW and MMA topics for updates?
Because I have a request for including this into the software, not subscribing threads in a forum. I like to use forums as knowledge base and for support, not as a substitute for missing features.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Yes .. we all get that .. but you say you solved the problem weeks ago blah blah blah ... not notified.

UNTIL the sw is changed simply subscribing will let you know.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Morgenstern72

Post by Morgenstern72 »

dtsig wrote:Yes .. we all get that .. but you say you solved the problem weeks ago blah blah blah ... not notified.
UNTIL the sw is changed simply subscribing will let you know.
This forum is called "Wishlist". It's not called "workarounds". Please act accordingly and handle wishes in a polite way.
Thank you.

The version I downloaded was an official version on the website, still it was newer than my installed version. I do not want to subscribe to a forum thread for test versions when I just want an already published version. So I wish to get notifications in MM for all official published versions.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Lowlander wrote:I hope eventually betas can get their own (separate option) update notification, but in the meanwhile just subscribe to: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=54426 and you'll get emails when a new beta is released.
Yes, that would be so very cool ! 8)
MM user since 2003 (lifetime since 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
track properties; dir/fn mask configurations; check out ZvezdanD's scripts
MMW 4.1.18.1842b; fav scripts > RegExp Find & Replace 5.1.0; Magic Nodes 5.1.0; Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2;
Backup 6.0; Clear Now Playing Button 1.2
...always back it up, especially before doing anything major!!!
Win. explorer alt. for power users [free]; great file/folder renamer [used by nasa]
Kronn

Automatic Updating

Post by Kronn »

Pleeeease add automatic updating! I hate having to download a new version and install it manually.
I would even be willing to PAY for this feature if it was added to MediaMonkey gold only!

Post by Guest »

If that's important to you, have a look at Ninite - MediaMonkey is on their list.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:If that's important to you, have a look at Ninite - MediaMonkey is on their list.
I love ninite but it does not notify me about updates of MM. So no, not a solution to this feature request.