Playlist export without absolute path

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Dreed

Playlist export without absolute path

Post by Dreed »

Hello everybody,

I recently came across a small problem and would be glad if there is a solution in future versions of MM.

I use a PC on where my entire music collection is stored, the management running over MM4. In addition, I use a NAS on my network, with a 1: 1 copy is constantly synchronized. So far so good. If I manually export a playlist from MM4, I can copy the playlist file easily on my NAS and use on the NAS Media software the playlist. Perfect! If I use the playlists via Tools-> scripte-> export of all Playlists, which unfortunately does not work because the script specifies absolute paths only, but relative paths are the manual export used. Thus, I can not with less steps, export all my playlists and use on my NAS. The script should specify instead of the absolute file paths, relative file paths and everything would be perfect.

Export with Script:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:289,Eros Ramazzotti - Cose Della Vita (Can't Stop Thinking Of You) - Ramazzotti, Eros / Turner, Tina
D:\Eigene Musik\Eros Ramazzotti - Cose Della Vita-Can't Stop Thinking Of You (Duetto Con Tina Turner).mp3

Export Manuell (right klick on Playlist -> send to....):
..\ Eros Ramazzotti - Cose Della Vita-Can't Stop Thinking Of You (Duetto Con Tina Turner).mp3
Lowlander

Re: Playlist export without absolute path

Post by Lowlander »

The following Addon allows you to choose how to export: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... d+playlist
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)