long time Loading data after update 4.1.30

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Mike98

long time Loading data after update 4.1.30

Post by Mike98 »

I installed the latest Update und it takes a horribly long time to load now. The software is always reading files und it takes a long time until my disk with the music is shown. the file monitoring is switched off. I deinstalled it and installed my older version. The problem still remains. I have Windows 10 und the Media monkey Gold version. It would be nice if somebody could helb me.
Lowlander

Re: long time Loading data after update 4.1.30

Post by Lowlander »

Reading depends on what you're loading in the Filelisting and into the Now Playing.

If the Now Playing is large reading will take a while as the Now Playing reads the files themselves and the MediaMonkey Library.

If the Filelisting loads a node from the My Computer node it will read from disc which depending on the amount of files can take long.

MediaMonkey itself can sometimes be sped up by running File > Maintain Library with complete optimization checked.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Gingeh1

Post by Gingeh1 »

I too have this problem, and I already have the File>Maintain Library setting already on, I have my files sat on an SSD, and although I do have a lot of music stored - I still think this is an exceptionally long time to have to read the files each time, my system is still reading after 20 minutes - cancel that, it's finished - but 20 minutes to update each time I start the program, something has changed, in my opinion not for the better! "Now playing" was somewhat faster than the "File Listing", this is tantamount to a big bug!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It depends on what you're loading and how many files.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)