MM 3.0.0.1017 Feedback/Bugs/Questions

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

G.I.

Albumart view

Post by G.I. »

How does it work with the album art? Right now I have my album art locally on my machine ... since i write a lot on dvd, this way I have the album art available without having to put in a dvd.

But my album art consists of full size images ... some are 500Kb large ... Solutions for MM2.5.x included that all these images were stored somewhere else in a small size ... does it also work like that in this version? And does it store somwhere which art is already stored somwhere else in a specific size, so that it does not have to do that everytime?

And does anyone notice anything about the performance? Is it much faster? Specifically the search in all fields?

And last: Does FileMonitor work in the alpha?

I can't wait till the evening and I have put my children in bed so I can take a look at MM3 :)

P.S. Thanks for the screenshot posted here!
Tylast

Re: MM 3.0.0.1017 Feedback/Bugs/Questions

Post by Tylast »

PetrCBR wrote: Yes. We have only one complete skin yet, but there's some other skins in progress.
Petr
Is the new EASIER way skin MM coming in 3.0?
gtbuzz

Post by gtbuzz »

0714 Added support for multiple Genres, Artists, Albums, CDs

I haven't quite figuered out how this is done.
Anyone's got a hint for me?

The display looks a little odd in the now playing window, but try a semicolon between the artist names. Not the ideal UI solution, but it'll get the job done.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

DaledeSilva wrote:that's strange...
I installed to a new directory also... yes.. it didn't import the library but it did have all the files in now playing that I'd left in there before closing the old one.
then I close MM 3.0 and opened MM 2.5.5 and it said it was the first time I'd used it and the database was empty...
my latest backup isn't current but it's not too old so I'm not that fussed..
but where are the database files kept? - how could this have happened?
Dale.
got it back.. it's quite strange.. upon installing MM3.0 to a different directory... my old database was move from my music to the application data location that is now used... but it wasn't converted.. just moved.. so old MM couldn't find it...

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Tylast wrote:
PetrCBR wrote: Yes. We have only one complete skin yet, but there's some other skins in progress.
Petr
Is the new EASIER way skin MM coming in 3.0?
It's relative. Skinning basics are the same, but there's new player skins (actually 4 separate players skins in MM).
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

PetrCBR wrote:
- Quite a few of the mouse over are missing or on the wrong control.
I'm not sure what you mean by this ? Can you send any screens (bugreports att mediamonkey dott com).
Options
- General
-- Font size mouseover, shows help for background task priority

-- auto-organize
--- mouseover missing for all elements on this page

- player
-- auto-dj/now playing
--- mouseovers for 'save playback position' and 'never crossfade' use wrong text

-- volume leveling
--- automatically analyze mouseover uses text from clipping prevention
--- also analyze albums is missing the mouseover text

- podcast configuration
-- check for new episodes, wrong mouseover text
-- download podcasts to, missing mouseover text
-- when new episodes available, wrong mouseover text
-- delete episodes, only if they have been listened to, and always retain # episodes all have wrong mouseover text

- library
-- show tooltips for obscured tracks properties and show all track properties mouse over text is wrong

-- tags & playlists
--- image location and image file name are missing mouseover text

-- virtual cd & preview
--- directory, filename formats, options, are all missing mouseover

-- appearance
--- user-friendly masks, talks about songs-db instead of MM

---------------------------------------

Now there are probably several of the above that are missing mouseover where the purpose is self explanatory, however I tried to include everything simply for completeness sake.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

what's the difference between the floatplayer.mskn and the player.mskn?

and can we define where the buttons are located on the players / and their active size... how do we do that?

Dale.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

in the theme editor... in fonts, colours, and sys colours... are there any extra additions... if we create a skin for MM 3.0 now and more of these options are added.. will we be able to add in that setting in our skin (as I can't see any ability to) or will we have to rebuild the skin with the newest mskn as a template?

Dale.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

DaledeSilva wrote:what's the difference between the floatplayer.mskn and the player.mskn?

and can we define where the buttons are located on the players / and their active size... how do we do that?

Dale.
FloatPlayer.mskn is skin for floating player (in MM2 is named as mini-monkey) and player.mskn is basic dockable player in main window.

All of these players have it's own INI file with complete player definition (buttons positions, sizes, fonts etc.). I'm not sure if rusty have published document about player skinning in MM3 yet, but if you (or anybody else) want it, then please send me a mail at bugreports att mediamonkey dott com.

Petr.
Morten

Post by Morten »

DaledeSilva wrote:what's the difference between the floatplayer.mskn and the player.mskn?

Dale.
The .ini-file defines the position and size of the resources you select in the .mskn-file.

Edit: Petr beat me to it. :D
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

thanks guys..
2 curiosity's:

- have the general icons (buttons and tree icons) been put in the skin file? will they be?

- in the skins directory, is "InfoPopup.png" related to this; http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15099 ?
shouldn't it be INSIDE the skin file?

1 strange behaviour:

- if you go to options / file monitor and click add folder.. the browse dialog seems to have a sort order which positions underscores last whereas other browse dialogs within mediamonkey position them first... just a small thing but I thought it was odd.

1 non-working feature:

- I drag and dropped a directory onto the library node but it didn't do anything

Dale.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

- have the general icons (buttons and tree icons) been put in the skin file? will they be?
Icons can be placed into \Icons folder
- in the skins directory, is "InfoPopup.png" related to this; http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15099 ?
shouldn't it be INSIDE the skin file?
InfoPopup.png is default background for popup info windows (Tools/Options a in General "Pop-up track info in tray" checkbox). It's fully skinnable and this png is default background (if custom isn't defined inside skin).
- if you go to options / file monitor and click add folder.. the browse dialog seems to have a sort order which positions underscores last whereas other browse dialogs within mediamonkey position them first... just a small thing but I thought it was odd.

- I drag and dropped a directory onto the library node but it didn't do anything
thank's for you advices

Petr
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

one last thing before I sit back and play with this a little (or 'maybe' go to sleep)

the search box is so much nicer to use now witht he logical ops
(' '=AND, ""=exact, ';'=OR)
I find it odd though, that "not including" isn't available.

also.. it's been mentinoed before.. but I still think the search box is too small and should be strechable to fit any spare toolbar space someone might have.
edit: especially if you can do logical ops now as the search strings may be longer

Dale.
Last edited by DaledeSilva on Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

DaledeSilva wrote:one last thing before I sit back and play with this a little (or 'maybe' go to sleep)

the search box is so much nicer to use now witht he logical ops
(' '=AND, ""=exact, ';'=OR)
I find it odd though, that "not including" isn't available.

also.. it's been mentinoed before.. but I still think the search box is too small and should be strechable to fit any spare toolbar space someone might have.

Dale.

Agreed with both.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Sebastian78 wrote: 1. Adding a folder with 10 albums took AGES
2. For some reason, adding the files slowed my system down dramatically
not sure if anyone covered this already for you, but in tools / options / volume leveling, turn off "automatically analyze volume of unanalysed tracks" - I think this will make it faster.

EDIT: actually.. that's not it... it's options / library "analyze tracks for duplicates" - but considering this.. I'm not sure it's running as fast as 2.x... maybe someone else knows.

Dale.