MM 3.0.0.1017 Feedback/Bugs/Questions

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

mjs93

Post by mjs93 »

Will there be any way to edit tracks in the sqlite database? One thing I loved about Access was that I could edit properties that you couldn't do right in MM.

edit: Nevermind, I found an sqlite database editor. :)
Last edited by mjs93 on Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well i installed it in the seperate folder as suggested.

it did make the older version think it was the first time it ran when i tried to run it again. but i just scanned the folders again and all is normal. with that older version on this winXp.

i am not going to put the alpha or beta versions on that win98 computer.

i did notice one thing i am not pleased with .
the auto orgnaize is listed as gold version only.?? i use that 300 % of the time.

as to any other bugs i did not find any to complain about yet. in the major lists that rusty said they wanted info on.
there more then likely are some i just did not test for any.

i went straight to the skinning .

but i can't get the player mskn or the floating player mskn or the other mskn files in the royal blue msz file to open so how are we to change those mskn files?

i can chage the default mskn but will that change the others?
:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I haven't had the time to test anything in MM3 yet but I'll do that in the weekend....

Nice reports from everybody, keep it up!

Btw wouldn't it be a good thing to create a new section dedicated to MM3 alpha/beta testing?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
PetrCBR

Using of old third party scripts/plugins with MM3

Post by PetrCBR »

Please. I have received many error logs and as i investigate them i see, many users use old MM2 scripts with MM3 alpha ... please, DON'T use old scripts with new MM. It isn't compatible !

Petr
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

Is there any way to force MM3 to use the windows theme? I've tried setting th option but it seems to not work at all.
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

check the non skined version of monkey see if that will do what you want? i think i saw it in the folder? 8)
SlasherMCT

Post by SlasherMCT »

Very disappointed that MM3 appeared to have trashed my MM2 setup, and I had to look around the forums to find the new and old database locations etc.

MM3 should leave MM2 alone - particularly in beta. If you want to have the data in the horribly buried application data folder, fine. Just don't trash the existing folder. I thought I had lost all of my scripts, magic nodes, etc, etc.
Last edited by SlasherMCT on Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmode101

Track browser support for Ipod?

Post by dmode101 »

Love MM3.0 so far!! I noticed that the Track Browsers doesn't work with my music in my Ipod. Winamp supports this function, any plans to make this work with the Ipod's library? I do this because my music library is on my home PC, but at work I play off my Ipod directly. Great work everyone!!
Neal

Missing scroll bars

Post by Neal »

I do not have scroll bars in the album art view window. Both the view that shows track info and the view that just shows album covers does not have a scroll bar and the page down as well as the down arrow key does not move the screen down (but using these keys does change the album art in the seperate album art window if I have it set to Album Art Selected it is just the display that is not changing.)

Thanks,

Neal
Neal

Just a comment

Post by Neal »

I'm sure you are going to get tired of hearing this (maybe) but damn I like what you guys have done.

Neal
PetrCBR

Re: Just a comment

Post by PetrCBR »

Neal wrote:I'm sure you are going to get tired of hearing this (maybe) but damn I like what you guys have done.

Neal
Can you send me a screenshot (bugreports dott mediamonkey att com) ?
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Why isnt art view available in now playing?

I really love to see which album the now playing (to be played) songs are from so I can add any extras to the list from the album.
I can also rate other songs on the album at he same time.

Why isnt there an Album Artist Node?

I can't believe it is still not there :(

Mouseovers

Disc# = Order of track on Album
Minimise, Maximise, Mini Player, and _| what ever that is is missing
I did _| and couldnt get MM back.

It seems to be smoother/faster and I like the new player.
Over the rating part it becomes unstable/flickering/refreshing too fast ??
Dont think you can set it back to unknown or bomb from the player though.

I'm a bit dissapointed with most of my wishlist missing :(
I'll have more of a play later once I'm over that.

[edit] Oh the debug file i sent I think happened when I double clicked the mini-player to restore full screen [edit]
Last edited by MoDementia on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nojac

Post by nojac »

In the "album art with content"-view (No.3), the track numbers do not show correctly, they always start with track 1 even though I only have track 5 and 8 of an album. In the "AlbumArt only" view (No. 2) the head line does not correspond to the content below. In the normal view (No. 1)tracks and head line is OK.

And PLEASE add a column to show the number of songs of each artist and each album in the "iTunes browser" ("Beatles (176) ", "Rubber Soul (14)" )
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

For anyone not wanting to use the included skin, just run the 'non-skinned' exe in the MM directory. The option in the settings does not seem to work at this point.

Is there any way to have the ratings between explorer [in vista], WMP11, and MM all be the same?

Changing the rating in MM has no effext on the ratings I see in explorer or WMP11. Seems like its not saving the rating to the file. any ideas?
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I thought I would let the analyse volume run after the initial scan.

It seems it dosen't come up with any errors, (DRM), but it wont go past them either just keeps looping back to the same one.