MM keeps track position!? (filtering Free vs Gold)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

MM keeps track position!? (filtering Free vs Gold)

Post by Guest »

Hi everybody,

I'm french, so sorry for my english if it's not perfect.

I just install the last MM3 debug version (I previously used MM2.5). It's look like great, but I have a trouble.

I made this manipulation:
1) Begin to listen a track.
2) After 20 seconds, select another song (with previous/next track for example)
3) After few seconds, select again the first track

Then, MM3 continue to play the first track keeping it previous position. It's not very important, but do you know if there's a way to force MM3 to play the tracks from the begining, without keeping the old position?

Another small trouble!

If I load a playlist, or an album, I notice the shuffle option do not have any incidence! Is it normal, or did I miss a manipulation, or is it a bug?

Thank a lot to people able to help me, and thanks a lot to MM developpers!
julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

< Track moved from Help to Beta Testing >
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com
rusty

Bookmarking enabled?

Post by rusty »

It sounds as if bookmarking may be enabled for the tracks in question.

If that is the case, then the track in question will always preserve its last playback position.

Bookmarking is enabled for specific subsets of the library via the Filter options.

If you're certain that bookmarking isn't the problem then let me know:
-does it occur with all audio formats?
-does it occur even when you switch output plugins?

-Rusty
gaadek

Post by gaadek »

Hi, sorry for this late answer.

Ok, I look for the filter option, and my current selection is "none (show all tracks)" (I check like this: select "Tools" -> "Options" then "Library", section "Filters & views")

At this step; MM3 displays a message "You need MM gold version to create your own filters"? I suppose it doesn't matter in my problem...

So, I have currently 5 filters at my disposition (they are default filters):
- None (the one selected). Its configuration allows me only to select what kind of elements I want to see in the treeview...
- Podcast (no configuration enable)
- Audiobooks (no configuration enable)
- General music (no configuration enable)
- Available tracks ((no configuration enable)

I did not notice any possibilities about bookmarks features!!!

Of course, I can select only one filter at a time, so the first one is the default selection, I did not change this.

Please, confirm my procedure, and if I did it good, I'll give you more information about my MM3 configuration.

Kind regards
gaadek

Post by gaadek »

Hi, some news today about my problem??

Thanks
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Your problem is most probably that you cannot configure/add new filter if you are not a gold user. By default bookmarking is enabled for tracks that satisfy either Podcast or AudioBooks filter.

i.e.
Track is an episode or track's genre contains 'Podcast' or 'Book'
gaadek

Post by gaadek »

OK, I'm not gold user, I think the problem comes from here.

Thank you
PolarBear2k

Post by PolarBear2k »

I'm also not a gold user, and this bookmarking functionality doesn't seem to work for my podcasts. The genre is podcast and based of that I read above, bookmarking should be working, correct?
PolarBear2k

Post by PolarBear2k »

Can anyone answer my question above please?
sparker

Post by sparker »

For me if bookmarking is enabled I can only play one track, and I cant switch unless I disable bookmarks or play the whole song.

I I try to play a different song it queues it, but never starts playing, but if I go back to the original song it picks up where it lets off.
PolarBear2k

Post by PolarBear2k »

I don't see any information on this bookmarking functionality in MM. Is it a gold member feature? Shouldn't it be configurable in Options under Podcasts?
rusty

Gold vs Free and filtering functions

Post by rusty »

Let me try to clarify:

MM3 adds filtering functionality, that allows the user to define custom 'collections' that each have their own 'View' (Tree + Column) settings and 'Player' (Bookmarking, Shuffle, and Crossfading) settings.

The free version of MM actually utilizes these filters, but doesn't give users control over their configuration, EXCEPT for the 'default' filter. The defaults are set sanely, though (e.g. Podcast filter enables bookmarks, disables crossfading, and Ignores Shuffle).

The Gold version of MM lets all of the filters be configured and allows the user to add/remove filters.

We tried to give free users some of the added functionality, while expanding on the Filtering functionality that was previously available only to Gold users in MM 2.5.

Does that make sense?

-Rusty
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I have a question related to this. If I make a custom Music view called Bookmark Enabled with a criteria that Custom 4 equals 'Y', will I be able then to bookmark tracks that meet that criteria, from within the default view. This is very important. I have lots of music files which are continuous dj mixes without track listings (or if there is a track listing, I have no cue file so I can't split it). Sometimes I'll be listening to a 30 minute "track" but need to stop it and shut down. I'd like to be able to pick it up again where I left off the next time I run MM. I don't want to have to switch views just to get the bookmark option enabled.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

spacefish,

sure if you're in default filter and currently played track corresponds to any defined filter which have enabled bookmarking, then bookmark position will be remembered.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Awesome! Thank you, Petr. :)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes