last fm winamp plugin update breaks functionality with MM?

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Blizz

Post by Blizz » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:03 am

Fixed the problem here too by "upgrading" from 2.0.47.0 to 2.0.45.0
Wonder what was changed that it doesn't work anymore now.
Thanks for the advice on downgrading!

BTW: I just joined the MM group on last.fm as member 666. Hope I don't bring bad luck ;)

Anamon

Post by Anamon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:19 pm

ddrager wrote:I just tried the new Last.fm plugin with Winamp 5.5 and I couldn't seem to get it to work, so maybe it is a problem with the plugin.
I have the same problem, after upgrading to Winamp 5.5, the Audioscrobbler plugin also stops working in Winamp, not only MM. So it's probably a last.fm-problem after all.
I have noticed that in Winamp, only about 10% of the tracks I play are being scrobbled, while I didn't manage to scrobble anything from MM. Might be a coincidence though.

sasapuksic

Post by sasapuksic » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:33 am

OK, I figure it out after all. You have to have last.fm client installed ... which I didn't have on my last run. Now the client + gen_wa2_scrobbler 2.0.45 in my plugins directory works like it should. Thanks for help!

:D :) 8) :oops:

Sumerah

Post by Sumerah » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:05 am

I also would love native last.fm support!

scrapqueen

Post by scrapqueen » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:56 am

Anyone having trouble getting lastfm to work with the latest MM3 RC-1? I had it working with the old plugin using the B4.

sasapuksic

Post by sasapuksic » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:05 am

another thing I am noticing is that even Last.fm for windows 1.3.2.13 and winamp plugin v. 2.0.45.0 working ok sometimes music just isn't correctly scrobled to the server as my last.fm now listening CSS stays intact, so no music is scrobled at all. Last.fm for windows shows like music is scrobling OK.

I hope someone will fix this in the near future as this is really annoying.

:D

TurboRegal

Post by TurboRegal » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:57 pm

Can someone help me out here. I skimmed through the first and last pages and didn't see anyone with the same problem:

Running Vista + MM3.1091

When I try to configure the Scrobbler Plugin (2.0.45 found in this thread) it closes the mediamonkey options popup, but nothing happens...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

asmodai

Post by asmodai » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:45 am

Alt-tab back and forth and you get the options screen back.
You do NOT configure audioscrobbler from within MM anymore. You set the options in the Last.FM client and that's it.

Randall_Lind

Re: old version that works

Post by Randall_Lind » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:14 pm

coldpenguin wrote:http://static.last.fm/plugins/ass/Winam ... 0.45.0.exe

This is a link to the older version that you can reinstall. Just set it to your mediamonkey path. You will be back to normal, huzzah.

aidan_cage

sincerity

Post by aidan_cage » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:24 pm

thanks to everyone. I was able to quickly solve a problem that had been mildly puzzling me over the past little while.
I joined up to the Last.fm MM group too!
PEACE

Does anyone know if the NEW plugin works with MM? the version number is 2.1.07. Every time LastFM starts up (ie. everytime I listen to music) I have to choose not to update the plugin. It sucks. It used to be something I just didn't have to think about, but now I am thinking to myself, do I really need LastFM on my computer?

Blizz

Post by Blizz » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:34 am

but now I am thinking to myself, do I really need LastFM on my computer?
That's each to his own of course. Since I've been scrobbling my tracks for the last 3 years or so I would really miss it. Hope that the issue will be fixed one day, would love to be able to use the latest plugin versions again :)

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:50 am

No, also 2.1.0.7 doesn't work... But the old script works very good here.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design

Randall_Lind

Post by Randall_Lind » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:32 am

Last.FM ticks me off thinking of just using MOG no damn plugins to worry about.

Last.Fm:we hate MediaMonkey maybe they should write a plugin for last.fm ROFL I bet MM team could then last.Fm would break it cause they hate mediamonkey.

Boycott the bastards! If they hate the best player out there and ignore the 1000 or so mediamoney group members why use last.fm?

just wanted to know if anyone having some lockups sometimes in MM 3.0.1.1127 after installing the old winamp last.fm plugin?
Last edited by Randall_Lind on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:37 am

Randall_Lind: No, here I get no crash with 2.0.45.0. Works great. Only people with special signs like chinese have some problem AFAIK. But there won't be a crash then either it just won't submit.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design

Randall_Lind

Post by Randall_Lind » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:44 am

funny didn't have issues until last.fm plug in any way I cancel my Last.FM account.

After 2 years they refuse to support MediaMonkey my player of choice why should I help them get music data information?

I like Mog better it just scans folders or Hard drives I setup doesn't worry about the player. Mog is made to hear music I am guessing not a programmer after it scan Harddrive and up load all my tracks when it hears that song it triggers mog to let them know I played it.