UI - Missing option "Always show all tracks" in Al

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Hydrasworld

UI - Missing option "Always show all tracks" in Al

Post by Hydrasworld »

I think there needs to be an option "ALWAYS show all tracks" when looking at a list of album covers with the track lists. ("Show Album art with details").

Put the option either in the prefs or on the View menu. On the view menu I think would be better.

It'd be my default view if it wasn't for the fact you have to click a little arrow at the bottom of the track list to see more each time.

Pretty much every ALBUM I have has more than 7 tracks (it shows 7 by default on my freshly installed system, in non skinned mode). So end up having to click it A LOT.
Randall_Lind

Post by Randall_Lind »

I second that.
kingoomieiii

Post by kingoomieiii »

Randall_Lind wrote:I second that.
Thirded.

This has been a discussion since Alpha 1, and as far as I know, no mod has tackled the issue here or anywhere else
Dirhael

Post by Dirhael »

I absolutely agree that this should have been included in the regular settings dialog, but until then you can achieve this by opening your "MediaMonkey.ini" file and adding the following under the "[System]" section:

Code: Select all

ExpandAlbumsByDefault=1
Hydrasworld

Post by Hydrasworld »

that doesn't work for me.

I found my mediamonkey.ini in "my documents\my music\mediamonkey" and added the setting but it didn't work. I tried it in a few other sections (like options, etc) but nothing i tried would make it display the full list of tracks to the right of an album image by default.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Hydrasworld wrote:that doesn't work for me.

I found my mediamonkey.ini in "my documents\my music\mediamonkey" and added the setting but it didn't work. I tried it in a few other sections (like options, etc) but nothing i tried would make it display the full list of tracks to the right of an album image by default.
I just tried it and it works for me. Are you sure you didn't edit the Mediamonkey 2.5 ini file? You'll also have to restart MM for the changes to take effect.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

it's quite possible i'm editing my old mm2.5 file, not looked into where mm3 loads it's ini file from yet, can someone tell me?
Hydrasworld

Post by Hydrasworld »

hydrasworld wrote:it's quite possible i'm editing my old mm2.5 file, not looked into where mm3 loads it's ini file from yet, can someone tell me?
I was looking at the old ini file. found the new one in my "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey" folder.

added the option (after closing media monkey first) and after restarting all tracks from albums are displayed. great!

now someone please add a ui option to set this.

also, when this setting ISN'T used it'd also be better if media monkey remembered that'd you'd click the little arrow for that album for as long as that album appears in the list. right now if you open the full track list, then do something with a track the list is closed again, without you clicking the arrow again.
kingoomieiii

Post by kingoomieiii »

Dirhael wrote:I absolutely agree that this should have been included in the regular settings dialog, but until then you can achieve this by opening your "MediaMonkey.ini" file and adding the following under the "[System]" section:

ExpandAlbumsByDefault=1
Oh, thank you, sweet lord...

I also changed the temp directory to the D drive, finally freeing my C drive of all music operations... thank you for pointing me at this file!
kingoomieiii

Post by kingoomieiii »

Hmm...

After I changed that setting, my Logitec mouse doesn't work (or, at least, my SetPoint settings).

A while ago, I added

mmonkey=cmd,MediaMonkey.exe,TFMainWindow,xxx,xxx,39999,39999,40047,40044,40048,0,1,MediaMonkey S
mmonkeyns=cmd,MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe,TFMainWindow,xxx,xxx,39999,39999,40047,40044,40048,0,1,MediaMonkey NS
mmonkeyw1=cmd,MEDIAMONKEY.EXE,WINAMP V1.X,xxx,xxx,39999,39999,40047,40044,40048,0,1,MediaMonkey W1
mmonkeyw2=cmd,MediaMonkey.exe,Winamp v1.x,xxx,xxx,39999,39999,40047,40044,40048,0,1,MediaMonkey W2
mmonkeyw3=cmd,MEDIAMONKEY (NON-SKINNED).EXE,WINAMP V1.X,xxx,xxx,39999,39999,40047,40044,40048,0,1,MediaMonkey W3
mmonkeyw4=cmd,MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe,Winamp v1.x,xxx,xxx,39999,39999,40047,40044,40048,0,1,MediaMonkey W4
to Players.ini in the Setpoint folder, which worked, but now, nothing.