MM3 Album Art Issues

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

gab

MM3 Album Art Issues

Post by gab »

I am having a problem with MM3 recognizing album art. I've used the AAT script to embed art from a file to the tag however MM3 will only show the link to the JPG file in the properties dialog box. I know the art has been embedded because I can see it using another program (MP3 Tag). Also, if within MM# I delete the link to the JPG file within the Properties dialog box then MM# will not recognize any art even though MP3 Tag clearly shows that it is there. For some reason, MM3 is not reading this tag. Not an issue if I tag a file for the first time. This is only happening if I embed art using AAT.

I am using the latest RC (although I have had this problem for the last couple of weeks) and having the problem with both MP3 and m4a files.
gab

Post by gab »

Is this a current issue that is being worked on? Is anyone else having this problem?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This is an issue for me too. Whenever I embed artwork in the properties of a track and click ok, when I go back to the properties there is no artwork in there. It does appear to be in the tags of the track, but it does not appear in MM.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Could you e-mail me a sample track that doesn't properly show embedded album art?

Jiri
gab

Post by gab »

Trix - Since you are having the same problem, are you going to email Jiri a track?

Jiri - The problem I have is that the behavior is haphazard. Sometimes MM3 will display the track and sometimes it won't Also, the issue occurs with both tracks that have the art embedded or linked to a jpg file in the album folder.
gab

Post by gab »

Jiri - I sent you a file with the issue
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@gab - you beat me to it!

@jiri - if you want another, I've got loads! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gab

Post by gab »

Trix - Go ahead and send a file. I keep getting "mail router" errors on my email. I have lossless files and I guess they're too big to send.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I've just tried to replicate this again and it's working fine. I am on my work machine (Vista) though and I originally suffered this on my home machine (XP) so I'll try again tonight.
gab

Post by gab »

Do you know if there is a way to compress an m4a file so I can send it over my email. I've tried using 7zip but the compressed file is the same size as the original
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

gab wrote:Do you know if there is a way to compress an m4a file so I can send it over my email. I've tried using 7zip but the compressed file is the same size as the original
Just use a sending service like YouSendIt. Its free to send large files:

http://www.yousendit.com/
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gab

Post by gab »

Thanks again. I had never heard of this service.
gab

Post by gab »

Jiri - I have emailed the file using nohitter51's suggestion. Let me know if you have any questions.
gab

Post by gab »

Trix - Jiri and I have exchanged emails on the subject and he believes the tagging issue will be resolved in Alpha 2 of 3.0.3