Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ testing (MM 3.0.x)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Jonny2284 wrote:Will this sync my ipod plays as well or just anything in MediaMonkey itself?
No, iPod-plays won't be scrobbled. Or at least not yet...
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Peke

Post by Peke »

Currently MM do not have event for Play count Update from iPod but we are thinking about that in future. Main problem is that we want to keep things legal and according to Last.fm protocol specs and last pod uses workaround.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tribun83

Post by tribun83 »

Hi! Just started testing! All my songs get transmitted but i've got a problem with the auto DJ. I read the whole thread seems like some more people got that issue but i haven't found a solution...

I installed and configured Last-fm Auto-DJ skript. Now it's always adding the same songs... Songs from "Favorites - Top 50"...
So it is using the backup playlist for the case that no recommendations are available...
but there should be because the songs are quite popular...
it says in the status message that it found the artist on last.fm but no related artists were found... settings are normal (50% 60min)

working with MM 3.0.2.1134 on WinXP TabletPC Edition 2005...

tanks for help! appreciate the work!
Last edited by tribun83 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zak1392

Post by Zak1392 »

I'm liking the Scrobbling plugin! :D

One thing though, I wish it would replace my password with stars in the settings.

EDIT

One more thing. I wish tracks would scrobble at 50% as well.
mowi

scobbler needed for auto DJ???

Post by mowi »

Hi , I got the same problem as stated a few posts earlier. I was wondering if i need a last-fm account or the scrobbler-plingin installed to get this working?
tribun83 wrote:.....
I installed and configured Last-fm Auto-DJ skript. Now it's always adding the same songs... Songs from "Favorites - Top 50"...
So it is using the backup playlist for the case that no recommendations are available...
but there should be because the songs are quite popular...
it says in the status message that it found the artist on last.fm but no related artists were found... settings are normal (50% 60min).....
Peke

Post by Peke »

You would need Last.fm account and MM scrobble plugin installed to get tracks scrobbled.
Best regards,
Peke
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Peke wrote:You would need Last.fm account and MM scrobble plugin installed to get tracks scrobbled.
Actuall, I think Mowi is asking about The Auto-DJ, not scrobbling.
mowi wrote: I installed and configured Last-fm Auto-DJ skript.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
alexdodd

Post by alexdodd »

Hmmmm i'm getting major errors on Last.fm AutoDJ's part :( Literally was working perfect up until yesterday? Now if i close MM down and load it up, it will usually add a song once and then after that (or maybe two down the line) i get an error in the vba file (which i'll try and fish out now if i can work out how :)). Or if i skip a song to the next one its just added that seems pretty certain to cause an error, and now just recently it's decided it won't do anything. It doesn't even load the bar up at the bottom like its attempting to search for songs!?

Error is:
Object required 'Playlist.tracks.Item(...)'
Line 8585, column 4 of the vbs file.

I have AutorateAccurate, TopTracks, Scrobbler and AutoDJ install if that help with any possible conflicts...
Peke

Post by Peke »

@drjboulder
:oops: you are right, The right Answer was that both can work separately, but for Scrobbler you will need to have last.fm account.

@alexdodd
Can you give me your Auto-DJ settings not Last.fm DJ settings and A screenshot if possible that shows error?
Best regards,
Peke
skalogre

Post by skalogre »

I have discovered some rather odd behaviour with the Last.fm scrobbler in Mediamonkey 3. When submitting songs with Greek characters, I get garbled results on my last.fm profile. If I use Zenses to play the exact same tracks off my Zune or I use the last.fm player, the same tracks appear properly. The tracks also appear perfectly fine in Mediamonkey itself. In this screenshot you can see the one Mikro song name showing up as "?a?????ta" instead of the correct characters. The other Mikro songs below that show up correctly were submitted using Zenses.

Peke

Post by Peke »

@skalogre
I have tested on several Greek Files without problems. Can you send me that file using YouSendIt to pavle mediamonkey com?

Note: Keep Tags in Greek and filename in Latin to avoid problems with filename on my system due to unavailable Greek filename support installed.
Best regards,
Peke
skalogre

Post by skalogre »

Peke wrote:@skalogre
I have tested on several Greek Files without problems. Can you send me that file using YouSendIt to pavle mediamonkey com?

Note: Keep Tags in Greek and filename in Latin to avoid problems with filename on my system due to unavailable Greek filename support installed.
Thank you; sent you the email with one of the tracks that did not get sent properly.

One more thing; the track names show up correctly on the top of the chart ("now listening") but the moment they drop down in to the list they get garbled! See below.

Peke

Post by Peke »

THX for example track. A nice Dance/Clubbing tune. As you say Now playing is shown Ok, I'm wondering is the problem with last.fm or plugin itself as Now playing uses different server than scrobbling one, I tested it and from Code examination both uses same UTF-8 encoding Function. Will investigate little bit more.

Best regards,
Peke
tribun83

Post by tribun83 »

hey guys! what about my problem?!? does anyone know what i've got to do to get the auto dj to work? currently it states that he found the artist on last fm but he cant find similar artist in my database.
this happens with for example bon jovi... of whom i got every album...

thats the only feature i need to get into mediamonkey...

would be great if someone could help! thanks!
Peke

Post by Peke »

@tribun83
Are those Bon Jovi tracks available for playback? Last.fm DJ will not pick track that is not accessible.
Best regards,
Peke