Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ testing (MM 3.0.x)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Post by Guest »

Actually, could it be tied to the fact that some of the songs are not in my library? Just had a thought that I was listening to some that I have in other spots, not monitored by the library. hmmmmm. Now to track down if the two that submitted are in the library...

...and they are. -_-

+1 vote for the idea of include/exclude dirs that I saw in the thread somewhere.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Anonymous wrote:
drjboulder wrote: It is submitting every track, but yeah, I have been gentle to it -Mostly Auto DJs, No stop/shutdown/restart/replay, No kicking and screaming at it. :wink:
Just goes to show the inconsistency then. :P

I've been using it to play tracks from my library for the last few hours, only two have submitted. >_> Not the first two or the last two songs, two randomly an hour ago.

The others have shown that I'm listening to them, they just don't post to the site. All say 'No need to submit' for track submission, except the two that randomly added.

There's a few 'skipping invalid tags' but I have no way of knowing what it was that kicked into invalid status, since I don't even know what song it is. >_<

Maybe update the log to at least have a track name, if not the full path to the file?
Have only looked at the log a couple of times, but must agree that it seems to be very lacking in details.

Still scrobbling great for me tho.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

drjboulder wrote:It is submitting every track, but yeah, I have been gentle to it -Mostly Auto DJs, No stop/shutdown/restart/replay, No kicking and screaming at it. :wink:
Oh, I'm not kicking and screaming at it. Just playing my music as I normally would and the two instances I've found -- stop/shutdown/restart and last track in now playing -- have never submitted. I don't have AutoDJ enabled so I can run out of tracks fairly regularly and if I don't start a new album, and just shut down MM, that last track will never submit. As long as I continuously play tracks and never shut down MM it works fine! :P
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Peke

Post by Peke »

Ok Answer Updates:
@sciamannikoo
Open Scripts.ini and Check if you have this in it:

Code: Select all

[LastFMScrobblerDJ]
Filename=Auto\LastFM_DJ.vbs
DisplayName=Last.FM DJ
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=4
@spacefish
- Last track in playlist indeed is not Submitted if you have not set continuous and do not use Any of Auto DJ Scripts
- 'No need to submit' When you first Start Play on MM is Due to that Plugin triggers itself on "ON PLAY" Event and Checks if Last Played track have Updated Played# which in case of every New Start Of Play after Stopped state is FALSE so 'No need to submit' like I said Better LOG is on To-Do
- I really don't care will you be gentle or not, important thing is that it works and bugs are inevitable

@All Others
Plugin Scrobbles only Tracks that are in Library as only tracks in library have Played# increased. Test: Copy some track outside MM to folder that is not In Library, navigate My Computer Node and play it. It will Be shown as Now Playing But Will Not be Scrobbled.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Peke wrote:@spacefish
- Last track in playlist indeed is not Submitted if you have not set continuous and do not use Any of Auto DJ Scripts
- 'No need to submit' When you first Start Play on MM is Due to that Plugin triggers itself on "ON PLAY" Event and Checks if Last Played track have Updated Played# which in case of every New Start Of Play after Stopped state is FALSE so 'No need to submit' like I said Better LOG is on To-Do
- I really don't care will you be gentle or not, important thing is that it works and bugs are inevitable
Okay? So are these really bugs then? LOL I'm so confused! :o

Thanks for the plugin! Can't wait until it's all spiffy. :)
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

Post by Guest »

drjboulder wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I've tried but I can't get the first one to work. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?
Are you running Vista?
Are you using the latest Monkey, the one in my sig?
I'm using Windows XP and I just updated the the newest version. Still doesn't work.
Peke

Post by Peke »

@Guest
- 'No need to submit' Means that Played# is Not Updated For Played Track
- 'skipping invalid tags' Means that Title/Artist/Album (If Selected) is Empty

@SpaceFish
1. Yes, Last track in Now playing List is not Scrobbled
2. 'No need to submit' on first play after MM stop or Startup is Not Bug but It needs to be better described in Log.
3. I Don't think I'm Perfect so Bugs must exist and that is why Beta is for ;)

@Guest2
Do you see Plugin Under Tools -> Options -> Player -> General Plugins?
Best regards,
Peke
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Peke wrote:2. 'No need to submit' on first play after MM stop or Startup is Not Bug but It needs to be better described in Log.
But there's still a problem then, because it's this track that is not submitting. Here's the scenario:
  • Play first track all the way through.
    Let next track start.
    Stop it.
    Shut down MM.
    Restart MM.
    Replay that same track.
    Let it play all the way through.
    Log is updated at time of played# increase "No need to submit". Track doesn't submit.
It's at the end (when it's supposed to submit) that it doesn't work, not at the beginning.
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Peke wrote:- 'skipping invalid tags' Means that Title/Artist/Album (If Selected) is Empty
This is always stamped at the beginning of my log file and all my files have album metadata (all 3 in fact). I thought it was just the notifier that if the plugin found empty metadata it would skip the file but perhaps this is related to my start/stop/restart bug? Something ends up missing when the plugin restarts? Remember, my Now Playing window is still populated and the track that's queued up is in bold. I simply press Play to start it. It's that track that doesn't submit. For review, I have my Now Playing list set to retain 1 track.
WebNodes
bob61

Post by bob61 »

Peke wrote: @bob61:
Example Why: Artist Similarity 51% = OK -> Search Top Tracks From That Artist = Found -> Check their Availability in Library From Top Listened track down = Found -> Add Track To Nowplaying

Example you seek: Artist Similarity 51% = OK -> Search Top Tracks From That Artist = Found -> Check their Availability in Library From Top Listened track down = None Accessible -> Add Random Track From Same Artist that have 1/2 Stars = Found -> Add Track To Nowplaying
Not sure if you are saying this is a bug in the script or how it's functionally supposed to work. If working as designed then I just don't get what all the configuration options are supposed to do. As I've configured to select only 1/2 stars selected and have a backup playlist which has only 1/2 star songs I can't understand w why I only get my highly rated (5 star) songs played. If the rating configuration or playlist is not factored in then why have these as configuration options.
sciamannikoo

Post by sciamannikoo »

[quote="Peke"]Ok Answer Updates:
@sciamannikoo
Open Scripts.ini and Check if you have this in it:

Code: Select all

[LastFMScrobblerDJ]
Filename=Auto\LastFM_DJ.vbs
DisplayName=Last.FM DJ
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=4
Peke, that was the problem :)
I did the manual installation and didn't think to edit the ini file.
Thanks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Answers:
@SpaceFish
That Explain everything, that single track in Now Playing always failing to Last Track in Now Playing Bug

@bob61
This intendant behavior not bug. Last.fm DJ will always Search for best Rated Track On Last.fm to play next. From what you say you have similar taste to Last.fm and last.fm Recommended tracks are accessible e.i. 5 Star tracks. I either do not understand what you want to get from Last.fm or I think that Last.fm Script is not what you actually seek have you tried to set Auto-DJ to Playlist -> My 1/2 Star Playlist. Please elaborate.
Best regards,
Peke
Bex

Post by Bex »

I think it would be better to split this topic into two posts.
One for the Submitting plugin and one for the AutoDJ script.
Just reference the two topics to each other in their first posts.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
urlwolf

Post by urlwolf »

Congrats Peke on getting these two plugins done!

One suggestion for the last.fm one though. I really like to see the pic, bio etc that one get with the standard last.fm standalone. Are there any plans to implement similar functionality for this plugin?

Also, the ability to tag songs is really nice, as it is seeing the last.fm users who played the current artist the most.

I think I'll stick to the standalone plugin for now...
Thanks
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Peke wrote:Answers:
@SpaceFish
That Explain everything, that single track in Now Playing always failing to Last Track in Now Playing Bug
Okay, I just hope you've really understood the two scenarios. One is a last track bug (that one I believe you've got). The other, the next track, stopped, shut down, restarted and it doesn't submit but there are other tracks below it. The retain 1 track is only for the previous (played) tracks, not the rest of the playlist. Basically, Now Playing just removes the played tracks except for the last played; it keeps that one and continues on. It's that bold track that doesn't submit after restart.

WebNodes