Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ testing (MM 3.0.x)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Teknojnky

Re: RE: last.fm plugin

Post by Teknojnky »

spacefish wrote:Unfortunately, without log data, I can't really begin to understand what might be happening.
edited:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 322#132322
Last edited by Teknojnky on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Teknojnky wrote:
spacefish wrote:Unfortunately, without log data, I can't really begin to understand what might be happening.
log file is in MM program folder (same place as mediamonkey.exe) name lastfm_log.txt
I don't have this file.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

then I suspect the plugin is not installed or not initiated cuase I got LastFM_Log.txt in my mm program folder (not the plugin folder).

The cache file is also stored there, but I don't remember the filename.

I'm not using the plugin atm as it somehow doesn't work from my work (they use some type of 'transparent' web proxy). I'm still using the old 1.1 plugin.

edit:

I am assuming you've restarted MM after installing the plugin yes?

Plugins only init on startup, you have to restart to use it.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Odd because I do get the Now Listening on my last.fm profile for the first track I play after I fire up MM. After that, nothing.

What would be ideal is a button on the panel to view the log file and/or cache. I checked first the plugins directory then the main MM directory then the AppData directory and found nothing. At what point is the log created? As I said, I believe there's a conflict with AutoRateAccurate so that might be the culprit, especially if the log file is not created (for the first time) until the first track is played (when I got the errors each time). Next time I'll try disabling that script and running the plugin again. I am concerned though that uninstalling Last.fm Scrobbler from the Extensions window doesn't actually do anything except remove that plugin's listing from that window.

Yes, MM has been restarted a few times.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Same here: Only shows 'Now playing' but doesn't submit. Also with AutoRateAccurate uninstalled - there seems to be a problem somewhere...

Don't have a log-file neither...
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design

Post by Guest »

Hi guys,

first off two thumbs up for being such active developers!

Too bad the scrobbler plugin is'nt working for me. Pretty much the same case as spacefish.

I installed your plugin while I had gen_audioscrobbler.dll installed too. I started playing some tracks to test and saw duplicates on Last.fm (the "now listening" track was visible too beside the double scrobbled track). So I removed gen_audioscrobbler.dll so i would just be using your plugin (gen_LastFMScrobbler.dll). When I start a new mediamonkey session, my "now listening" track will show. If I press next or select a particular song during playback the "now listening" text will change accordingly on last.fm. But when I let a song actually finish, it wont show any "now listening" tracks from that point on, and no scrobbled tracks appear in the recently played list. I'm not getting any scrobbled tracks at all...

I'm using Vista x64, and Mediamonkey 3.0.3.1140. In contrary to spacefish I don't use the autorateaccurate plugin. The only general-plugin I'm using besides gen_LastFMScrobbler.dll is gen_msn7.dll (to show currently playing tracks in msn messenger). At first I didnt get any errors, but since half an hour I am getting some....I'll keep sending them in. Uninstalling both plugins and reinstalling just your scrobbler gave the same results as before...

*I would appreciate the password masker (you guys are or already working on it...great!)
*Is it possible to create a setting that allows you to set the time to scrobble next track?
*As said before: some recently scrobbled tracks would be nice.
*Connection status? (Time to go before sending track?)

Don't have a lastfm_log.txt file in neither the plugin nor the mediamonkey mainfolder....

Keep up the good work! Thanks in advance.
thomas_24_7

Post by thomas_24_7 »

Sorry forgot to login...last post was mine. Regards,

Thomas
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Teknojnky wrote:then I suspect the plugin is not installed or not initiated cuase I got LastFM_Log.txt in my mm program folder (not the plugin folder).

The cache file is also stored there, but I don't remember the filename.

I'm not using the plugin atm as it somehow doesn't work from my work (they use some type of 'transparent' web proxy). I'm still using the old 1.1 plugin.

edit:

I am assuming you've restarted MM after installing the plugin yes?

Plugins only init on startup, you have to restart to use it.
Especially weird for me, I didn't restart after installing and its been working perfectly...
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
sciamannikoo

Doens't work on Vista

Post by sciamannikoo »

Hello there.

First test:

1. MM (latest build) running as normal user
2. Plugin downloaded and started
3. Clicked on Install now
4. "Product installation error" message

Second test:

1. MM (latest build) running as administrator
2. Plugin started

Third test:

1. MM (latest build) running as administrator
2. Plugin started from an Windows Explorer running as administrator (is just not possible to run the plug-in installation as administrator!)

I think there should be a solution to this issue... I hope so.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Re info For Debugging: Log And Cache File are beside MM.DB <User>\Local Setting\Application Data\MediaMonkey for compatibility with Multi User Env.

To Ensure that all is OK if you have any Scrobbling Problems Send me mail to Pavle <at> mediamonkey. With Last Few Lines from LOG file and any error lines. In some cases when last.fm refuse track (their criteria needs to be defined as they change it often) some tracks are still cached by MM, please close MM and rename Cache File and see if that help in scrobbling.
Last edited by Peke on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
Peke

Post by Peke »

@sciamannikoo
You can always manually Install Plugin. rename mmip to zip, .dll put in Plugins folder, .vbs put in Scripts\Auto folder and restart MM.
Best regards,
Peke
bob61

Post by bob61 »

I like the added feature of the Last.fm AutoDJ feature - but ran in to what looks like a bug. I am unable to set the configure to "<=" or "=". When I change in the configure option it goes right back to ">=".
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Last night, I had disabled Last.fm Scrobbler and reinstalled the Winamp plugin. This morning when I started up MM, I found a log file was created with a plugin disabled message. So I stopped the player, re-enabled Last.fm Scrobbler, closed MM, removed the Winamp plugin, and restarted. I scrobbled the first few tracks without incident but then I got an error, sent a debug log and the player stopped playing tracks even though I had more in the list.

Here are the two errors in the order they were received (i.e. I saw the second one first):

I have posted the second in the AutoRateAccurate thread.

Next I disabled the AutoRateAccurate script, and tracks are scrobbling without error.

Can we please get more detailed information in the log? I'm afraid that if there is a problem, the log won't be very helpful as there are no track names logged?

So far, my own enhancement wish list is as follows:
  • More detailed log information.
    Buttons to view the log and the cache file available from the service panel.
    List the last 5 or so submissions on the service panel, similar to the old Winamp plugin.
    Include/exclude directories options.
Thank you! I'm so glad this works now. :D
WebNodes
Peke

Post by Peke »

You are right This is Bug Will Be fixed in Next Version:
Until it is released do this:
Edit Lastfm_dj.vbs and replace lines 226-232 with:

Code: Select all

If ini.StringValue("Last.FM", "RatingCondition") = "=" then 
    Edt.ItemIndex = 1
  ElseIf ini.StringValue("Last.FM", "RatingCondition") = "<=" then 
    Edt.ItemIndex = 2
  Else
    Edt.ItemIndex = 0
  End If
All should Work as it should after that.
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

@spacefish
Both of those errors are related to AutoRateAccurate it should be handled there.

Re Enhancments: Better Logging and View Log File button are nice Ideas will add that to-to do for possible enhancment.
Best regards,
Peke