Last.fm Plug-in & Auto-DJ testing (MM 3.0.x)

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Post by Guest »

In my log it just keeps telling me there's no need to submit. :(
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Every hour or so. MM freeze when querying last fm. And I get this error:
[URL=http://imageshack.us][img]http://i ... .png[/img]
[/url]

Post by Guest »

This may have been mentioned already, but the track you just listened to is only posted to last.fm when you start a new song. So it's not really even a matter of submitting it when the song finishes, it needs a song after that to initiate the communication. :/

I may stick with the winamp 1.1 plug-in for a while. :)
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Anonymous wrote:I may stick with the winamp 1.1 plug-in for a while.
Yes, I've switched back until MM releases a new plugin version with a more reliable submission mechanic.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

It is working fine for me...
Of course I have become fairly adept at tricking vista into letting me decide what I can or can not do.
For one, I only run the Monkey as administrator (right click on exe and choose "Run as administrator").
Generally I install all scripts and plug-ins manually (when I right click on an mmip, I do not get the "Run as administrator" option).
For the LastFm plug-in, I renamed the mmip to zip. Then opened it and dragged the plug-in to my plug-in folder.
It has been working very well.
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

drjboulder wrote:It is working fine for me...
Of course I have become fairly adept at tricking vista into letting me decide what I can or can not do.
For one, I only run the Monkey as administrator (right click on exe and choose "Run as administrator").
Generally I install all scripts and plug-ins manually (when I right click on an mmip, I do not get the "Run as administrator" option).
For the LastFm plug-in, I renamed the mmip to zip. Then opened it and dragged the plug-in to my plug-in folder.
Except for the initial hiccup, I've had no problems with the plugin working, only with how it submits tracks. Are you sure it's submitting every track you play? Are you only running with an AutoDJ enabled? Do you ever stop a track, shut down MM, and then start that track again? It's definitely not submitting all mine and I doubt very much that's a Vista issue. My work experience is in application testing so I tend to try to break stuff before I'm satisfied they're really working. :lol:
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Peke

Post by Peke »

To clear Something:
- Plugin Scrobbles track only When MM rises Played# Which is on the end of Track and when You Skip tracks played# do not get updated and as track is not counted as played No need to Submit.

Answers:
@bob61:
Example Why: Artist Similarity 51% = OK -> Search Top Tracks From That Artist = Found -> Check their Availability in Library From Top Listened track down = Found -> Add Track To Nowplaying

Example you seek: Artist Similarity 51% = OK -> Search Top Tracks From That Artist = Found -> Check their Availability in Library From Top Listened track down = None Accessible -> Add Random Track From Same Artist that have 1/2 Stars = Found -> Add Track To Nowplaying

@Big_Berny
- Configure Can't replicate (English, and German) :(
- I replied you in PM
Scrobbler:
- Skipping Invalid Tags = Either Title or Artist or Album Are Empty and those tracks are ignored on Last.fm so instead to be rejected by last.fm plugin Just skips submission
- Can you Send Me that track Please (Zip And Send to me) Use yousendit to ensure that I'll get it.

@Onkel_enno
Send me Zipped LastFM_Cache.dat.
Do Now Playing Submit Correctly?
Try To Delete/Rename Cache File and see if that Fixes The Problem.

@SpaceFish
- Give plugin few seconds to finish submitting track to Last.fm
- pay attention on Played# in track properties as Plugin Will Scrobble tracks That Increased Played# After Play.
- Cache File is Specially formated TXT for Submitting You will able to see what is what there and can be opened in NotePad (D&D).
- Is That happened only with Last track In Now Playing?

@sciamannikoo
You will need to Install Last.fm DJ Scrobbler is different thing
Tolls -> Options -> Player -> Auto-DJ -> Select Last.fm DJ -> Configure

Finally:
Submissions: I'll try to Clear some Issues raised here for next release.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
Peke

Post by Peke »

@spacefish
That is why this is beta, break it, kick it, make it suffer and then report bugs so that they can be fixed and then next version will have more tolerance for pain that it needs to take ;)
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

@Dreadlau
Strange It never happend to me, a conflict with some other Script?
Best regards,
Peke
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Peke wrote: @SpaceFish
- Give plugin few seconds to finish submitting track to Last.fm
That doesn't seem to make any difference on the next track. Remember, I'm stopping after the track starts. The last track submits fine. The next track, however, will not submit upon closing/restarting MM. The log shows No need to submit on that track only.

On the last track in the Now Playing window, the track never scrobbles, regardless of played#.
- pay attention on Played# in track properties as Plugin Will Scrobble tracks That Increased Played# After Play.
As described above, this doesn't matter.
- Cache File is Specially formated TXT for Submitting You will able to see what is what there and can be opened in NotePad (D&D).
Okay, it must have been empty when I looked at it so I thought it wasn't working.
- Is That happened only with Last track In Now Playing?
Is what happened? I described what happened. The track never submitted (happened twice). The second time, I did sit and wait a looooong time (while browsing, etc.) after the last track played. It never submitted. The play counter increased by 1.
WebNodes
sciamannikoo

Post by sciamannikoo »

Peke wrote:@sciamannikoo
Hello Peke,

that's the problem. I don't see this panel:

Both scripts are in scripts/auto folder.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

sciamannikoo wrote:
Peke wrote:@sciamannikoo
Hello Peke,

that's the problem. I don't see this panel:

Both scripts are in scripts/auto folder.
Click on the drop down for "Add tracks from"... 8)
D Rock
sciamannikoo

Post by sciamannikoo »

drjboulder wrote:Click on the drop down for "Add tracks from"... 8)
I tried, but I see only the normal items :( :

- Entire Library
- Playlist
- Library (Podcast)
- Library (Audiobooks)
- Library (General music)
- Library (Available tracks)
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

sciamannikoo wrote:
drjboulder wrote:Click on the drop down for "Add tracks from"... 8)
I tried, but I see only the normal items :( :

- Entire Library
- Playlist
- Library (Podcast)
- Library (Audiobooks)
- Library (General music)
- Library (Available tracks)
:oops: Do not think I can help then.
Sounds like it is Vista related. Went back to your earlier post and saw that you do not want to turn off UAC... maybe that has something to do with it. :-?
spacefish wrote:
drjboulder wrote:It is working fine for me...
Except for the initial hiccup, I've had no problems with the plugin working, only with how it submits tracks. Are you sure it's submitting every track you play? Are you only running with an AutoDJ enabled? Do you ever stop a track, shut down MM, and then start that track again? It's definitely not submitting all mine and I doubt very much that's a Vista issue. My work experience is in application testing so I tend to try to break stuff before I'm satisfied they're really working. :lol:
It is submitting every track, but yeah, I have been gentle to it -Mostly Auto DJs, No stop/shutdown/restart/replay, No kicking and screaming at it. :wink:
D Rock

Post by Guest »

drjboulder wrote: It is submitting every track, but yeah, I have been gentle to it -Mostly Auto DJs, No stop/shutdown/restart/replay, No kicking and screaming at it. :wink:
Just goes to show the inconsistency then. :P

I've been using it to play tracks from my library for the last few hours, only two have submitted. >_> Not the first two or the last two songs, two randomly an hour ago.

The others have shown that I'm listening to them, they just don't post to the site. All say 'No need to submit' for track submission, except the two that randomly added.

There's a few 'skipping invalid tags' but I have no way of knowing what it was that kicked into invalid status, since I don't even know what song it is. >_<

Maybe update the log to at least have a track name, if not the full path to the file?