1147 Lots of Errors

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

spacefish

1147 Lots of Errors

Post by spacefish »

I have sent at least 2 dozen error reports this morning since I updated MM. What generally ends up happening is that I'll finally get an error which may or may not also cause MM to error when I attempt to exit. Ultimately at that point I must end the process in the task manager to close MM, thereby losing any changes I've made to windows and columns. It's becoming rather annoying and were it not for the fix to the invalid track ID bug, I'd probably just roll back to 1140. I imagine many of my errors are script related but I have to wonder if there was such a change in the base code to render previously working scripts unstable, wouldn't such a change be communicated to the scripting community prior to releasing a new version?

I really didn't want to have to constantly test this program (I can only take so much) but I do realize bug reporting is important. I'm also rather impatient when it comes to major bugs getting fixed and would prefer to use a version that resolves those. This is only my second beta build, but I have to say it's certainly not going as smoothly as 1140. Perhaps there were too many bugs "fixed" in one go?
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

SP:

What are you doing when the errors occur? Which scripts do you have installed?? I have several scripts installed and I have not run into any problems yet. I would like to try to reproduce to see if the errors are occurring on my machine.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'd check for updates at the HP website, that computer company is known for having troubles with even updates from microsoft. and not having any tech support around when you need it. so check the HP site and see if they changed something that m$ made so it would be only useable on the HP computer. they did that with the xp sp2 update you had to get their version.

if nothing on their site helps. start removing the scripts one at a time to find the critter that causes the error.

sorry about all the testing it drives most of us nuts but every computer is different. even though they are using the same stuff made at the same factory. one was made by a highly detailed person paying attention the other was made by love sick bob thinking of where he was taking his date 3 days later.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

nynaevelan wrote:What are you doing when the errors occur? Which scripts do you have installed?? I have several scripts installed and I have not run into any problems yet. I would like to try to reproduce to see if the errors are occurring on my machine.
That's just it. I've been doing all sorts of things.

I got several errors when a track changed (an error after each change).

I ran Lyricator several times.

Although I tried to run Right Click for Scripts, I got an error there (with a real .vbs error) but I've been getting those quite a bit even in the previous version (I'm not running the latest due to unfavorable reports), so I stopped trying to execute scripts that way and only run them from the Tools menu.

I tried editing track properties in the Now Playing window and running auto-organize but got an error after doing that.

I had an error when I right-clicked a playlist and again when I clicked the Playlists node.

And I had several errors just trying to exit MM.

Now none of these aside from Right Click for Scripts generated any sort of vbs error. They all simply caused the debug window to pop up and ask me to send a report, which I did. Many of them noted an access violation with a string or two of numbers included in the message. After so many, I didn't pay attention to what the message said anymore and just sent the reports, figuring the MM devs would get the info they needed with them.

Those above are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there were other "scenarios". I'm running all the scripts in my sig including the Script of the Week. I reinstalled My Custom Nodes and MonkeyRok this morning and I haven't noticed anything particularly problematic with either of those. I did note a problem with AutoRateAccurate related to the fix for invalid track ID which I documented in that thread though I haven't found it specifically to be a cause of any of these debug reports. Of course, I'm not a programmer so I can't say for sure.

Perhaps now that I've gotten everything installed and set the way I want it, I'll stop having problems, but I dread the thought of going back to update lyrics again.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

Post by Guest »

what skin you using
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Anonymous wrote:what skin you using
ZuneSkinSlim as indicated in my sig.
WebNodes
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

How is that relevant?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

it looks like you might be getting an error again like i got a few update versions back.

see if nohitter151 left a digitpanel code in the ini file for the skins player and float player.

or if one was added in for the ini file for the slim player.

i had the same error of access error's after ever song change,

found that digitpanel that was used in the old winamp and old mm3 skins was the cause of that error. if nohitter151 did not use it. it has to be a script conflict then. because your getting more alerts then i ever did with the digitpanel code in the ini file.
8)

roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

nohitter151 wrote:
How is that relevant?
I wondered the same thing.
WebNodes
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

spacefish wrote: I got several errors when a track changed (an error after each change).

I ran Lyricator several times.
I've tried I'm not getting any errors when running Lyricator.
spacefish wrote:Although I tried to run Right Click for Scripts, I got an error there (with a real .vbs error) but I've been getting those quite a bit even in the previous version (I'm not running the latest due to unfavorable reports), so I stopped trying to execute scripts that way and only run them from the Tools menu.
I ran into problems with this one in 1140, it just would not play nice with some of my other scripts so I had to uninstall it until this Script.ScriptPath thing can be resolved.
spacefish wrote:I tried editing track properties in the Now Playing window and running auto-organize but got an error after doing that.
I just tried using both the NP main window and NP mini window and I did not get any errors.
spacefish wrote:I had an error when I right-clicked a playlist and again when I clicked the Playlists node.
Again, no problems.

RC might be on to something, maybe it is skin related. Try 1147 without the skin and see what happens.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Nyn

Post by Guest »

nynaevelan wrote:
RC might be on to something, maybe it is skin related. Try 1147 without the skin and see what happens.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Nyn
hey thats what i was thinking i remembered that old post the cowboy did about that digitpanel code. why i was blind and did not see he had the skin he used in his signiture i don't know?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Anonymous wrote:
hey thats what i was thinking i remembered that old post the cowboy did about that digitpanel code. why i was blind and did not see he had the skin he used in his signiture i don't know?
She :oops:

Nyn

spacefish

Post by spacefish »

I didn't read his post but I'll try using a different skin.

I just now had an error trying to use Classification Changer to update a tag. My Now Playing got wiped of tracks (although it still shows I have an album's-full in the list) and all the ratings show bombs. Now it seems to be in an endless loop of debug reports and I'll probably have to end task to close MM. :cry:

Yep, I did.
WebNodes
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Bah! I just remembered that nohitter's skin is the only one with a slim player. Boo, I don't like other skins. :-?
WebNodes
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

spacefish wrote:I didn't read his post but I'll try using a different skin.
then may you continue to have errors. 8) :P

ah ah!! don't post a reply you don't read my posts.

roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi