Is MM locking the file while scanning it?

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Is MM locking the file while scanning it?

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:50 am

Hi,
Is Mediamonkey locking the file while scanning it?

When I have MM running at work, which means that it is monitoring my remote share at home on a somewhat slow connection, and I'm at the same time is downloading an album with utorrent at home, utorrent gives me an error message like 'Couldn't download file, it has been locked by another process'.
For me it sounds like MM is trying to scan the new INCOMPLETE files that currently is being downloaded by utorrent and if the file is locked by MM, utorrent cannot continue download the file and it halts.

If I'm right regarding the locking of the file, is it necessary to lock the file while scanning it? Read access without locking should be enough?

PetrCBR

Re: Is MM locking the file while scanning it?

Post by PetrCBR » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:31 pm

MM is reading tags during scan so need to have currently reading files locked.

Peke

Post by Peke » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Regarding uTorrent, are you sure that you have enabled uTorrent Incomplete torrent Security Option (Otions -> Preferences -> Downloads -> Other Options -> Append .!UT to Incomplete Files) which will keep MM to scan Incomplete files and interrupt uTorrent downloading.

Note: Similar options exists in most (if not all) download applications.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

MetalaxeKeith

Post by MetalaxeKeith » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:15 pm

An alternative to enabling the appendage option would be downloading into one folder and moving to a different once it's done. That way you can monitor the completed ones with no issues. :D