Why can't I select on AlbumArtist in Auto-playlists?

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Anubis

Why can't I select on AlbumArtist in Auto-playlists?

Post by Anubis » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:29 am

There doesn't seem to be an option in the Advance Auto-playlist to select on the AlbumArtist tag.
I'd like to filter out "Various Artists" that is the AlbumArtist tag.
Thanks

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:03 am

That's a big missing thing yeah. Never noticed it though, lol.

You can for now use any text field to search on. It should give you the desired results as you probably don't have 'various artists' use in any other place.

It has been requested that all fields are available to users in the advanced search/auto-playlist.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:55 pm

Well LowLander, that just points out another issue...

The ANY TEXT FIELD option does NOT have a DOESN'T CONTAIN operator. It only has a CONTAINS operator.

Anubis

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:05 pm

The AutoPlaylist is the only reason I registered MM (life member), and while it is powerful, I am starting to get the let-down feeling. It's the make and break thing in music players IMHO.

MM's AutoPlaylist is good, but there are little things that are going to annoy the cr*p out of me.

One of the reasons I decided to plonk my money down for MM was that the developers seem to be active and have regular updates, and more important, they are accessable through this forum. I at least have a chance of getting my issues heard.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:49 pm

The problem for the developers is finding the right solution for the problem and not making the solution to difficult to understand.

I think an SQL search tab that allows SQL queries would help the poweruser and the normal user can leave it untouched. Some visual/click/drag & drop type of aid in the SQL tab would make it more accessable to the almost poweruser.

Of course other updates to the advanced search tab are requested and a good idea (my opinion) as well.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:07 pm

Although it probably can't do exactly what you want (yet), you may want to check the Magic Nodes script here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3358 . This will allow you to browse your library while filtering out some tracks (for instance, those whose "album artist" is "various artists"). Currently, in order to filter those tracks you need to use SQL, but if you don't know SQL you may ask for help. Hopefully future versions will allow more user-friendly filters.

In any case, I agree that it should be possible to use Album Artist in AutoPlaylists.

jiri

Post by jiri » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:46 pm

Album Artist fields will be available in Advanced queries in the next release.

Jiri

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:25 am

jiri wrote:Album Artist fields will be available in Advanced queries in the next release.
I can confirm that in RC2 I can now select on the Album Artist field.
This is excellent response. It took under 3 days from the time I mentioned it, to implementation.

GREAT WORK!