1201:Portable Device sync error with multiple artists

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Volition
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:03 am
Location: Deep South, Mainland Australia.
Contact:

1201:Portable Device sync error with multiple artists

Post by Volition »

I've checked both the use first genre and checked use first value when multiple artists in the configuration.
For my Creative Zen Vision :m using the d-WMDM.dll.

The Genres works, however the multiple Artists do not, i get all the artists with the semi colon which i have kept as the seperator onto my Zen.

I'm using Mediamonkey Gold.

Regards,

VOl.
nynaevelan
Posts: 5559
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:07 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: 1201:Portable Device sync error with multiple artists

Post by nynaevelan »

Which version of MM are you using, I am not able to reproduce using my Vision M and the 1201 beta? I have both the artists and genre's selected to only use the first value and they are syncing as they should. Also what is the naming convention of you files? Are they mp3's, I am using mp3's in my test.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Volition
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:03 am
Location: Deep South, Mainland Australia.
Contact:

Re: 1201:Portable Device sync error with multiple artists

Post by Volition »

Yes they are Mp3's, I have a suspicion that it started happening when i installed Squeezecenter and MusicIp.

If you'res are working i'll have to look into it further and play around with it a bit more. It is strange because the genres are working.

I'll report back when i get a chance to fiddle with it. I suspect it may be todo with tagging versions.

Regards,

Vol.
Volition
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:03 am
Location: Deep South, Mainland Australia.
Contact:

Re: 1201:Portable Device sync error with multiple artists

Post by Volition »

Fixed,

I 'm not exactly sure what the matter was, i had a hunch that the setting wasn't taking properly. So i turned it off, synced. Turned it back on and synced. It it had worked

Maybe this could be a bug,
When a setting is not altered on the options and the options are saved. It does not check to see if the settings match.
Post Reply