Creative Zen Syncing Problems - BUG 5241

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

nynaevelan

Creative Zen Syncing Problems - BUG 5241

Post by nynaevelan »

This is a problem that has been ongoing with the Creative Zen players and it seems to be getting worse and worse, this really needs to be addressed. The syncing for these players are locking during the sync process which causes you to have to cancel the sync and perform a forced rebuild, which could actually be leading to the second problem which are duplicates being put onto the player after the first initial sync. Which must be done after re-formatting the player. This in itself is a major problem because each time you reformat you have to put all photos and videos back on the player along with all the music that is on the player. This also causes you to lose any bookmarks which you have on the player, another major problem because I have books that are more than 8 hours long and if I forget to write down all the bookmarks I lose my place and have to spend a lot of time scrolling through the book to find my place(s) again. :evil: Some users are running into a problem with MM telling you that the player does not have any more space. You can see the problems listed as discussed here and here but there have been other discussions, a search on the forum will find some for you. Are there enough users with a Creative Zen in order for this to finally be addressed yet? Or will we have to continue to deal with these problems?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nynaevelan

Re: Creative Zen Syncing Problems

Post by nynaevelan »

nynaevelan

Re: Creative Zen Syncing Problems

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok:

Completed some more tests:

1. auto sync player, all is well (1516 tracks/77 playlists)
2. played tracks on player, all is still well
3. run an autosync, all appears well but player locks up forcing a rebuild
4. after rebuild ran auto sync, this time (1512 tracks/72 playlists) when it should be (1516 tracks/77 playlists)
5. directly after ran another auto sync, this time (1518 tracks/76 playlists) when it should be (1516 tracks/77 playlists)
6. removed autoplaylists to get consistent results, ran another auto sync, this time (1482 tracks/73 playlists) when it should be (1481 tracks/72 playlists)
7. removed playlists, ran another auto sync, locked up so once again needed to complete a rebuild
8. tried to run auto sync again. this time (1422 tracks/69 playlists) when it should be (1422 tracks/68 playlists)

Can SOMEBODY tell me why this keeps happening and when it will be corrected? I use my player on a daily basis and I need know that MM can truly handle auto syncing it correctly.

Nyn

EDIT: Bug 5241.

crcm

Re: Creative Zen Syncing Problems - BUG 5241

Post by crcm »

I don't know if this is a related problem but...

I have Creative Zen Vision: M 32gb...and always when I sync new tracks to Zen ..MediaMonkey automatically converts ratings to Creative compatible format which means that my track ratings are converted full stars. BUT it shouldn't affect my library but IT DOES. When I do it many times...my half star ratings disappear.

Before every sync I have to save my ratings in playlist so that after the sync I could restore the orginal ratings.

This problem has occured long time ago....and even when I have updated my player firmaware problem has not stop accuring.

just thoughts....

According to previous posts..if I sync 10 tracks with 3.5 star ratings...and mediamonkey converts them to 3 star rating...next time it wont sync the same tracks because of changed rating.

Is it possible to ignore rating converting when syncing (or MAYBE correct this problem)?? maybe option? I don't care if player is full of zero rating tracks..because I use lot of playlists.

:-?
crcm
Jerking monkey since 2005 - FINNISH Translator
MM4.X | Win7 enterprise sp1 | SPDIF earsex | Denon sushi | AKG hearing aid | Lumia 820 color blindness OR Samsung Galactical Voodoo magic
jiri

Post by jiri »

We currently aren't aware of any locking problem with Zen. Does the 'locking' mean that MediaMonkey locks during synchronization? Or is it Zen? You can try to generate a debug log and e-mail it to me.

Jiri
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Jiri:

It is not MM that locks up, it is the Zen. MM will continue as if it is syncing but on the Zen the screen goes black and the power light turns from green to yellow/red and nothing happens. You will have to unplug the Zen and hit the reset button in order for it to rebuild and then try the sync again. This may be what is causing the duplicates, it may not but I have done nothing but test this with MM, Winamp, J River's Media Jukebox and Microsoft's WMP and MM is the only one that is causing this problem.

Nyn

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

For completeness:
Mantis wrote:Setting as resolved until we get more info (a debug log).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

And how am I supposed to create a debug log when it is not MM that is locking up but the Zen?? I can run the debug program but I already stated that MM continues as if the sync is ok but the Zen's screen goes black and the power light goes from green to yellow/red. This is not resolved as far as I am concerned.

EDIT: I added a debug log and changed the status to feedback.

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

BTW NH: Sorry if I sounded snappish. :oops:

Nyn

gyro77

Post by gyro77 »

hey, is there a solution to this yet? i get the same issue every time i sync :(
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

The problem went away for me as long as I do not open any other programs that try to access the player while it is syncing. Problems that previously gave me problems were Napster, iTunes, Audible Manager or Winamp.

Nyn

sa_ill

Post by sa_ill »

I have the same problem.......I'm using Creative Zen 16GB player
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

sa_ill wrote:I have the same problem.......I'm using Creative Zen 16GB player
Have you found a solution other than the one I am using??