Windows 7 superbar and Thumbnail Preview bugs

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

kikumbob

Windows 7 superbar and Thumbnail Preview bugs

Post by kikumbob »

I'm running mediamonkey version 3.1.2.1272 without any extra plugins or add-ons in windows 7 32 bit. There are several problems with the superbar and thumbnail preview integrations of mediamonkey.

-The preview inside the pop-up thumbnail is constantly loading and never finishes, as shown in the screenshot
-The player control buttons underneath the preview are clickable but they don't do anything.
-clicking on the superbar icon of mediamonkey will maximise or bring mediamonkey to the foreground correctly but clicking again will not minimize mediamonkey, unlike all other windows in windows 7.

PetrCBR

Re: Windows 7 superbar and Thumbnail Preview bugs

Post by PetrCBR »

That's really strange.
re minimize/restore bug: Are you using skinned or skinless version ? Previous 3.1 beta build work as expected ? What the first beta where you're experiencing this bug ?
kikumbob

Post by kikumbob »

It seems that a system restart has fixed the minimize/restore bug. Mediamonkey now minimizes when I click on the superbar icon. All other problems still remain, regardless of whether I remove the skin or not.

The Album art and buttons still do not work and the problems go back as far as build 1269, when windows shell integration was first introduced. When mediamonkey starts up for the first time and there is nothing selected as "now playing", the thumbnail shows the mediamonkey window fine. However when a song is currently selected, which is nearly all the time, the thumbnail will be permanently loading.
Goodog

Post by Goodog »

Hi Guys

I am using the latest beta version an dI'm experiencing exactly the same behaviour regarding the album art and the player keys.

Best Regards

Goodog
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
kikumbob

Post by kikumbob »

Good thought. I've enabled aero and tried playing a track but, alas, the album art still doesn't load.
TheMadHatter

Post by TheMadHatter »

I'm having this same problem. Just got my MM back working on 7. Disappointed to see a feature MM expounded upon from iTunes & WMP not working, so I'll be ecstatic when there's a fix!
TheMadHatter

Post by TheMadHatter »

Well, I'm not sure what has changed, but my thumbnail preview is now working.

Okay. Two things I changed. I had it running in Compat. mode to see if that would make it work for me and had it run as admin, so I unchecked BOTH of those, restarted MM. And had a problem. I opened Task Manager, killed the process. Checked Properties to make sure I had it right and then restarted MM. It works fine now. I'm going to supplement what's currently in there with more album art and see if it still works... because for my currently playing album, there is no album art, but it's no longer the loading circle.

What I did...
1) Right click on MM shortcut -> Properties -> Compatibility Tab
2) Uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" under Compatibility Mode
3) Uncheck "Run this program as an administrator" under Privilege Level

Gonna add album art and see if it still works. Wish me luck.
TheMadHatter

Post by TheMadHatter »

Yup. I got album art now and working buttons. Awesome. Again, I'm not sure my makeshift "fix" will work for everyone, but everyone who's MM was half-working under the same circumstances as mine should be great now.
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, there's another situation that can cause the Aeropeek to fail:

If you install MM in skinned mode and pin the app to the taskbar, and then switch config to unskinned (or vice versa).

e.g. Install MM in skinned mode, Runs MM, Pin icon to the taskbar, changes MM config to unskinned mode, run MM via the pinned icon
--> a new icon appears for MediaMonkey
--> Aeropeek features don't work for the clicked icon

If anyone has Aeropeek failures in build 1274+ please let us know. afaik, it's working correctly.

-Rusty