Synch with iPod

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

aprzybylo

Synch with iPod

Post by aprzybylo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:12 am

Ts third time tis happened to me. At first I thought that my database on iPod is corrupted but I reinstalled all my songs since and still happened. The behaviour is not consistend and I can't tell what triggers it. Anyways after synching my iPod the count of all songs that I played on my iPod since lst synch doubled. Example if the #played was 25 if I play the song onces it will jump to 50 (or 51 not sure) but it will be close to double of old value. Like I said daoesn't happen all the ytime but already happened 3 times in last couple of weeks with last few MM builds.

sapiewen420

Re: Synch with iPod

Post by sapiewen420 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:39 pm

I am having this exact same problem and can't find any info on the web about it. It does it with both my ipod touch 4th generation and my Ipad (1st gen). It seems to double the playcount of any song that I listened to since my last synch. I've tried restoring them both and adding the music fresh. I've tried synching both with itunes and media monkey open, as well as with itunes closed. I made sure not to synch with itunes prior to synching with media monkey. I really don't know what else to try. My playcount data is three years old and very important to me. All of my autoplaylists use it in some form so I need the data to remain accurate. Please help with this issue if anyone has any input.

aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo » Thu May 05, 2011 6:54 pm

I have no clue what triggers that couldn't find any pattern especially that it happens once every few syncs. I have to say that I didn't have that problem since when I reported that, before happened at least 3 times since upgrading to MM4.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Thu May 05, 2011 9:18 pm

I have experienced this intermittently for the last 2 years (MM 3.x) with my iPhone 3GS.
I have learned to live with it, as it's not something I can reproduce or get a log for.
I just minimise using iTunes as much as possible.
When I do use iTunes, I remove all my music before, do my iTunes stuff, and then add my music back after-wards.

aprzybylo

Post by aprzybylo » Thu May 05, 2011 10:10 pm

So this happens the next time you sync MM after using iTunes? What if you sync iPod first, do whatever you need to do with iTunes and sync right after. Since I think the problem is limited to the songs you play on iPhone/iPod between 2 syncs this could work...

sapien420

Post by sapien420 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:08 pm

Whenever you synch with itunes, it resets your play count information, even if you dont have any music showing within the itunes program. So you have no choice but to synch with media monkey prior to synching with itunes.

Mine isn't doing it intermittently....it's doing it every single time that I synch. I wonder if it has anything to do with me also having the songs in my itunes library. I used to have my itunes library empty and I this was happening far less often.