MM$: Run DLNA Server As A Service?/Stutter Update

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

sholling

MM$: Run DLNA Server As A Service?/Stutter Update

Post by sholling » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:36 am

I'm planning to run MM4 Gold on a WHS 2011 server to serve up 16 & 24 bit flacs, MKV videos and podcasts to devices in my other rooms. It would be really nice if I could run this as a service so that I don't have to be logged in. Is this possible? And if not would you consider it as a feature request? I know I've run across applications before that offered the option to run it as an application or as a service.

One more thing. When playing back BD MKVs I'm still not seeing a way to select which audio stream. Other players allow you to right click and pick the audio stream but I can't seem to find away to do that in 1385. It would be really handy in the final product and it would help me troubleshoot the audio/video sync issue I have. I don't see the video stutter and sync issues with other players (I have DIVX, Corel, and Nero 11 HD players) and it would be nice to be able to tell you which audio stream is getting out of sync. The PC with the sync issue is a Core 2 Quad with 8GB, an HD5770 video card, and ALC889A audio. All drivers up to date. I don't see the stutter or the sync issues with other players. Audio gets as much as 10-15 seconds out of sync.

Thank you,
Steve

Anubis

Re: MM$: Run DLNA Server As A Service?/Stutter Update

Post by Anubis » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:01 am

sholling wrote:I'm planning to run MM4 Gold on a WHS 2011 server to serve up 16 & 24 bit flacs, MKV videos and podcasts to devices in my other rooms. It would be really nice if I could run this as a service so that I don't have to be logged in. Is this possible? And if not would you consider it as a feature request? I know I've run across applications before that offered the option to run it as an application or as a service.
+1
I would love this feature...