Playcount wrong after sync with ipod touch

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

PhilDG

Playcount wrong after sync with ipod touch

Post by PhilDG » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:09 pm

I have synced my music files to my ipod touch.

After playing some music and then connecting the ipod again, the playcounts are totally wrong e.g if a song had a playcount of 20 and has been played once on the ipod, it now shows a playcount of 41.

In addition to this, it doesn't appear to create a play history entry in the database for the play (or in this case plays)!

Have I missed an option somewhere?

PhilDG

Re: Playcount wrong after sync with ipod touch

Post by PhilDG » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:40 am

I think I might have got to the bottom of this one (well a bit!).

Looks like it might be iTunes again. If I sync without touching iTunes, the playcounts all seem to be fine. iTunes really is the bane of most people's lives.

However, syncing from an iPod still doesn't appear to add the right history plays.

rusty

Post by rusty » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Phil,

Not sure I understood your last comment "syncing from an iPod still doesn't appear to add the right history plays".

Both counts and last played values seem correct at my end, testing with an iPod touch.

-Rusty

PhilDG

Post by PhilDG » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:53 am

rusty,

No, the count and the last played are working brilliantly as long as I don't open iTunes and sync (for applications etc.)

MM doesn't appear to add a history play into the database so it will report for example 10 plays, but there are only 9 in the History plays table.

Bex

Post by Bex » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:04 pm

This has actually never worked but it would be nice if it could.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Bex wrote:This has actually never worked but it would be nice if it could.
Yeah, I agree. I have this problem with iOS/iTunes on occasions. I just totally avoid using iTunes with my iPhone.
If I really really need to connect it to iTunes, I make sure I sync with MM first, then use MM to clear all the songs off the phone (and exist MM), do my stuff with iTunes (and exit iTunes) and then re-sync with MM. Luckily I only have to do this one every 3 months or so when I want a back up or a new iOS version.

I can't believe this issue is so hard to track down, lots of people have it at one point or another.

Before anybody says to take a log, it's a combination of MM and iTunes, and it isn't reproducible at will. You also may have to play a fair few songs which takes time.

We really need this to happen to the developers...

Bex

Post by Bex » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:56 am

I was referring to the history plays. The playcount and lasttimeplayed work fine.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts