[14xx] iPhone sync not working [#8124]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

dnlusa

[14xx] iPhone sync not working [#8124]

Post by dnlusa »

Since 1390 release, my iphone sync (actually, any sync with any apple device) halts abrubtly after copying some files (never more than 10, normally one or two). I have updated all software (itunes, iphone, etc...) with no success. Reset/clear/restart also.

It simply does not sync with apple devices anymore.

Anybody else have detected this?

thanks
Lowlander

Re: [14xx] iPhone sync not working

Post by Lowlander »

Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
npbaudoin

Post by npbaudoin »

I am having similar problems. I think Lowlander wants a debug log or at least some more detailed info from you. I will be downloading the debug version and posting some additional info within a few days.

I'm running the latest beta of MM4 and I have a jailbroken iphone4 running 4.3.3. I wasn't always having this problem, just noticed it recently.

Interestingly, I can't reproduce this problem on my brother's jailbroken iphone3G running 4.2.

So far I have deleted and restored all of the appropriate files on my iPhone including iphoneDB, iphoneCDB, iTunesPrefs, iTuneControl and the iTunes.itlp folder. None of these files seem to be causing the problem.

The problem occurs when adding files manually AND when auto-syncing. If anyone can reproduce this problem, please let us know!
mikehayman

Post by mikehayman »

Same problem here with iPod nano 8gb
npbaudoin

Post by npbaudoin »

I reverted back to 1400 and I can sync with no problems. I don't have the other betas to test at the moment, but I do think a few of the 14XX did allow syncing.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks. This should be fixed in build 1405.

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8124

-Rusty
dnlusa

Re: [14xx] iPhone sync not working [#8124]

Post by dnlusa »

Sorry, just downloaded the latest version, still not working.

Syncs starts ok, but after a few songs (no more than 20 or so) it stops. I have not been able to detect any specific condition (manual, or autosync, playlist or autoplalist, etc.)

I did open some days ago a support ticket (http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... etid=12476) with as much data as I could get, as well as some files. And I can do any test, but I need to be told what to test.

thanks!

dnl
abraxxa

Post by abraxxa »

Same here with my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.3 but when syncing a video podcast episode.
It seems to cancel the operation while copying the file.
npbaudoin

Post by npbaudoin »

dnlusa wrote:Sorry, just downloaded the latest version, still not working.

Syncs starts ok, but after a few songs (no more than 20 or so) it stops. I have not been able to detect any specific condition (manual, or autosync, playlist or autoplalist, etc.)

I did open some days ago a support ticket (http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... etid=12476) with as much data as I could get, as well as some files. And I can do any test, but I need to be told what to test.

thanks!

dnl
Is it always the same file? If so, then this problem is already listed in the 'urgent bugs' (ID 0008151) needing to be fixed before RC. I'm still experiencing similar problems as well. The latest feedback suggests its an auto-conversion problem.
dnlusa

Post by dnlusa »

No, it is not the same file (or the same number of files). I've done different tests but there is no particular pattern.

I'll try to install a previous release to see if I can find out when it "stopped" working.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Is anyone still experiencing failed iPhone syncs? A number of changes have been made between build 1405 and 1416...

Thanks.

-Rusty
ethan3000

Post by ethan3000 »

I have been seeing some strange behavior. I'm running MM4 build 1424 and syncing with my iPod Touch 4th Gen (iOS 4.2)

- Following a sync, the iPod shows the Artist, Album, and Song lists in a random order with the alphabet seek bar missing on the right hand side.

- The "Sync in Progress" message flashes briefly on the iPod screen during the sync. It then disappears, presumably allowing use of the device during the sync.

- The iPod doesn't display the "Updating Library. This may take a few minutes." screen when you start up the music player.

Anyone else seeing this stuff? Is there another topic already started for this?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Ethan,

I'm definitely not seeing any of this. If you delete everything from your iPod and do a fresh sync, do you still observe this?

If no, can you generate a debug log of a sync with a minimal number of tracks that triggers this (i.e. change from a good working state to the buggy state)?

Anyone else seeing such problems?

-Rusty
ethan3000

Post by ethan3000 »

I haven't been able to repeat the randomly arranged tracks again, but the other behavior is pretty repeatable--regardless of whether I'm starting from scratch or not. Would the other items I mentioned be something that would show up in the log?
rusty

Post by rusty »

You mean the Alphabet seek bar is missing on the right-hand side?

-Rusty