back to MM4 but still various issues [#8314]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Ludek

Re: back to MM4 but still various issues

Post by Ludek » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:04 am

@ludek:
Maybe you should experiment a bit with my DB file in combination with ripping cd's?
You seem to be right, I have just got a freeze when I tried to rip a CD when using your MM.DB!

Fixed as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8287

WimYogya

Post by WimYogya » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:31 am

Glad I gave at lease ONE useful hint to locate some problem ;)
Hopefully it leads to a fix too!

As to performance: no, it is not only sluggish when ripping, but ripping seems to be a very notorious resources consumer.
I will try to change the settings when ripping again.

Talking about ripping, does MM intend to create an 'autorip option', i.e. you just put a cd in the drive and MM automatically rips and imports this?
iTunes had that feature - it is one of the few I am missing, here in MM.
Wim - 67 - Dutchman in Yogyakarta/Indonesia
Acer Aspire 6935 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2.26 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR3, 320 GB hard disk, 1 CD/DVD-writer, 3 external drives (3Tb + 1Tb + 1Tb) - Windows 7 Ultimate - MM4.0.6.1498 debug and updating if necessary

Ludek

Post by Ludek » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:52 am

The autoplay options are available in Options->OS Integration panel.

Otherwise yes, ripping is notorious resources consumer, so let me know if the suggested change in Options->Performance helps.
If you computer is sluggish also if you are not ripping and no CD is inserted then generate the debug log as I suggested in one of the earlier posts. From the log I could see what might cause the slowdowns.

WimYogya

Post by WimYogya » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:05 pm

@Ludek:
About autoplay: are we talking the same language? I asked for an auto-RIP option: insert a cd and MM automatically assumes I want those tracks in my library and rips/imports them, then ejects the cd. Cannot find this option in the OS integration option panel. Does it exist? Where?
If it exists, wouldn't it be more logical to put it (also) in the ripping option panel?

About logging: every time I think 'this time logging is useless, i only want to do a few things'. but then as mr.Murphy already taught us, problems come my way.
When I plan a longer session and have more time I will log it.

Sluggish peformance can happen anytime, but so far I only found the one related to ripping and editing at the same time.

New (double) issue - but in fact a very old couple, often reported:
● I Was starting MM, as instructed it monitored 2 folders and started importing around 300+ files. While doing that MM crashed, an error window popped up saying something like 'index list out of boundary' (or something).
● I was asked what I was doing, I wrote that, clicked on send, the send progress bar opened, then when done a first error message popped up (ht... 1219 or so?), followed by a second one 'message not successfully sent'
Acer Aspire 6935 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2.26 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR3, 320 GB hard disk, 1 CD/DVD-writer, 3 external drives (3Tb + 1Tb + 1Tb) - Windows 7 Ultimate - MM4.0.6.1498 debug and updating if necessary

Ludek

Post by Ludek » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:18 am

WimYogya wrote:@Ludek:
About autoplay: are we talking the same language? I asked for an auto-RIP option: insert a cd and MM automatically assumes I want those tracks in my library and rips/imports them, then ejects the cd. Cannot find this option in the OS integration option panel. Does it exist? Where?
If it exists, wouldn't it be more logical to put it (also) in the ripping option panel?
Did you check
Options -> OS Integration -> Show AutoPlay actions for -> [x] Audio CD Ripping ?
This item is corresponding to show 'Rip CD in MediaMonkey' option when you insert an audio CD.
If the item is checked and it doesn't work then try to run MM as administrator and re-check it.
New (double) issue - but in fact a very old couple, often reported:
● I Was starting MM, as instructed it monitored 2 folders and started importing around 300+ files. While doing that MM crashed, an error window popped up saying something like 'index list out of boundary' (or something).
● I was asked what I was doing, I wrote that, clicked on send, the send progress bar opened, then when done a first error message popped up (ht... 1219 or so?), followed by a second one 'message not successfully sent'
I you couldn't to send it for whatever reason (firewall blocking etc.) then you can find the crash log manually in the MM install folder as 'MediaMonkey.elf' file. Just send me the file.

WimYogya

Post by WimYogya » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Did you check
Options -> OS Integration -> Show AutoPlay actions for -> [x] Audio CD Ripping ?
This item is corresponding to show 'Rip CD in MediaMonkey' option when you insert an audio CD.
If the item is checked and it doesn't work then try to run MM as administrator and re-check it.
Yes, I see that option and it has always been checked. But what does it DO? I never came across the 'Rip CD in MediaMonkey' option when i inserted a CD. And I always run MM as administrator (at least: I am the only user of this computer, so I run ALL apps always as Admin, right?)
I you couldn't to send it for whatever reason (firewall blocking etc.) then you can find the crash log manually in the MM install folder as 'MediaMonkey.elf' file. Just send me the file.
Ok, will do that if necessary, but that leaves the question unanswered: how come that so often error messages can not be sent, without a clear reason. I have no firewalls blocking it, and on other times sending is flawless. Will send you a few debug view logs with my description.

Ludek

Post by Ludek » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Yes, I see that option and it has always been checked. But what does it DO? I never came across the 'Rip CD in MediaMonkey' option when i inserted a CD. And I always run MM as administrator (at least: I am the only user of this computer, so I run ALL apps always as Admin, right?)
If you use Windows 7 or Windows Vista then you might not have enough rights even if you are the only user on the cumputer. Right-click MediaMonkey.exe and select 'Run as administrator' then go to Options->OS Integration, uncheck the checkbox, click [OK], go again to Options->OS Integration, check the checkbox, click [OK] and insert the CD.
This is related to bug http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8142 that was fixed recently.
Ok, will do that if necessary, but that leaves the question unanswered: how come that so often error messages can not be sent, without a clear reason. I have no firewalls blocking it, and on other times sending is flawless. Will send you a few debug view logs with my description.
Not sure why it cannot be sent (in my case and for most of users it can be sent), I guess that a firewall / Anti-spyware or anti-virus could block it.

WimYogya

Post by WimYogya » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:27 am

Not sure why it cannot be sent (in my case and for most of users it can be sent), I guess that a firewall / Anti-spyware or anti-virus could block it.
That theory would make sense if the message can NEVER be sent, but from time to time it can - without any change in my settings.

Ludek

Post by Ludek » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:52 am

Hi, the crash log you have sent me really indicates some problems, it will be fixed as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8314

rusty

Re: back to MM4 but still various issues [#8314]

Post by rusty » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:44 am

Fixed in build 1427. Please confirm.

Thanks.

-Rusty

WimYogya

Post by WimYogya » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:26 am

Ok, but the newest I can find online is 1426.
1427 not landed yet?

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:42 am

he means he fixed in 1427 he believes so would you confirm it when he releases that next update. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Ludek

Post by Ludek » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:33 am

Yes, it will be fixed in 1427 together with some other issues, but we are not ready with this build yet.