Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

AlexMonkey

AutoTag from Amazon STILL not working - BETA 2

Post by AlexMonkey »

Hi all,
i upgraded from 2.4 to the latest beta to fix this error i've been getting:

"Couldn't show results: Socket Error # 10057 Socket is not connected."

I manually changed the javascript flag to 0 in mediamonkey.ini but it still doesn't work... am i doing anything wrong? i installed over my current install, not that that should really make that much of a difference cause the settings are stored elsewhere.

Can someone please tell me whether this is being fixed or if i'm doing something wrong... thanks!

Alex
rusty

Auto-tag from Amazon problem

Post by rusty »

AlexMonkey,

Please send me a debug log. I've had another report of this issue but haven't been able to replicate it.

Thx.

-Rusty
pah68

Post by pah68 »

I can't tag either. I get no errors though :-?
I've been trying to tag a stack of albums with album art. It says it's downloading, when I go and check, nothing has changed.
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Oops....I, um.....wasn't ticking the files (bottom left) :oops: :oops:
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hello Alex,
do you use Ad Muncher?
If yes open MediaMonkey and then the Ad Muncher Configuration. Now Click on Options/Filter targets and search in the list for mediamonkey. Select it and click on "Don't Filter".

If you don't use it is probably another program which filters the result, perhaps a firewall.

Big_Berny
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Nup, I was right the first time. Some albums I can't tag with album art.
I find it, hit auto tag, it says it's downloading the art/image.
I hit close when it's finished, and find that the album or single file doesn't have the art.
Nothing special about the albums I'm tagging.
CBR MP3's
not read only
All tracks are in their own album folders on an external drive that is accessible.
pah68

Post by pah68 »

In the end I had to save the image to my HDD and then drag and drop it on to the album art pane. (which is a nice feature that I didn't know existed incidently)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

That sounds like a very nice feature - there's so many hidden in MM that I haven't found yet! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
amarcord

Post by amarcord »

pah68 wrote:Nup, I was right the first time. Some albums I can't tag with album art.
I find it, hit auto tag, it says it's downloading the art/image.
I hit close when it's finished, and find that the album or single file doesn't have the art.
Nothing special about the albums I'm tagging.
CBR MP3's
not read only
All tracks are in their own album folders on an external drive that is accessible.
I remember the same thing happened to me a couple of times. I don't know why, but every time this is happening, the image gets saved to c:\Documents and settings\myusername\ instead of the album's folder (I have chosen the option to save album arts to the album folder).

Post by Guest »

Big_Berny wrote:Hello Alex,
do you use Ad Muncher?
If yes open MediaMonkey and then the Ad Muncher Configuration. Now Click on Options/Filter targets and search in the list for mediamonkey. Select it and click on "Don't Filter".

If you don't use it is probably another program which filters the result, perhaps a firewall.

Big_Berny
Thanks that did the trick!

Rusty, looks like its not a MM bug after all! :)
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hehe, great! :D
I had the same problem untill yesterday! :)

Big_Berny
Risser

Post by Risser »

pah68 wrote:In the end I had to save the image to my HDD and then drag and drop it on to the album art pane. (which is a nice feature that I didn't know existed incidently)
Huh, I can't get this to work. I can drag and drop, and I get the little arrow with the [+] next to it when I'm over the pane, but nothing appears.

Which is sad, because I also noticed I could drag and drop directly from FireFox. If that ever gets working, I'll ... Well, I don't know what I'll do since I already paid for it. But I'll be unbelievably happy!

Peter
rusty

D&D of Album Art from firefox

Post by rusty »

Wow--I hadn't realized that firefox supports d&d in this manner. Very cool.

btw, this _should_ work in MM. i.e. if you just drop a supported image type into the Album Art pane the 'Add Album Art' dialog should appear.

-Rusty
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

Big_Berny wrote:Hello Alex,
do you use Ad Muncher?

Big_Berny
Thanks man! This solved my problem. Now I'm happy again :)
Nebbin

Re: D&D of Album Art from firefox

Post by Nebbin »

rusty wrote:Wow--I hadn't realized that firefox supports d&d in this manner. Very cool.

btw, this _should_ work in MM. i.e. if you just drop a supported image type into the Album Art pane the 'Add Album Art' dialog should appear.

-Rusty

hmmm, is there an option to enable that, Rusty? Whenever I d&d an image from my HD into the album art pane, it links the art, and I don't get any dialog screen appearing... which I've been hoping to, so I can tag to file and not simply link.