MediaMonkey v4.1.9.1758 RC Keeps Shutting Down [#12856]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Re: MediaMonkey v4.1.9.1758 RC Keeps Shutting Down

Post by dtsig »

I still have this critical in the support ticket for this reason .. nice workaround unless you want to sync
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

Agreed, Critical...not only sync, but server is non-functional.
MediaMonkey 5.0.3.2627 (Portable mode)
MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MM user since 2009
BenRad

Post by BenRad »

I would submit a bug report but my support account is hosed once again. Seems I can't win with the support account...hasn't worked for years, but that's for another thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's the same as the forum login. It seems some need to log out of the forum to access support though.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Ludek .. any motion on this? Can't stream or sync without the dll ..

Thanks
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
hansi9990

Post by hansi9990 »

Same probelm with me, on Windows 10Pro 64Bit, Mediamonkey Build 1758 and 1759 be terminated immediately after the start. If I rename the upnp.dll then 1759 works (without upnp service)
Hope this Problem will be fixed soon.
I can't test on a 32Bit system, but has anybody considered the possibility could be the problem only on 64bit system ?
Peke

Post by Peke »

I have three PCs on Win 10, One laptop on x86 (32Bit), One upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium x64, one using Win 10 x64 clean install (initially upgraded from Win 7 Pro). No issues.

Are you sure that you do not have N versions or you have disabled some services.

HINT: In my recent experience I would suggest that you install clean Win 10 after initial upgrade to solve number of system incompatibility issues (not just MMW). I know it is pain in the ass (Two days job at least) unless you already upgraded to Win 10 and got ne Searial after Upgrade.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, tracked as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12856

FYI: For those who observed the issue, do you have installed MediaMonkey service?? (Options -> Media Sharing -> [Install as service])?
It seems that the service or another instance of MM was still running during install that probably caused that the UPnP.dll was not replaced by the new version. This is also the reason why I asked for the taskkill command.
The install process should quit the service and another instances so I am not sure how this could happen, most probably there was not enough permission (when the another instance of MM was installed on another user account or administrator account). Nevertheless this is now covered by the compatibility check added to build 1760: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12856

So please give a try with build 1760 (will be available later today)
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Ludek wrote:Thanks, tracked as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12856

FYI: For those who observed the issue, do you have installed MediaMonkey service?? (Options -> Media Sharing -> [Install as service])?
It seems that the service or another instance of MM was still running during install that probably caused that the UPnP.dll was not replaced by the new version. This is also the reason why I asked for the taskkill command.
The install process should quit the service and another instances so I am not sure how this could happen, most probably there was not enough permission (when the another instance of MM was installed on another user account or administrator account). Nevertheless this is now covered by the compatibility check added to build 1760: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12856

So please give a try with build 1760 (will be available later today)
Ludek .. great news.
I do not have the service running as before had problems with it not turning off when MMW tried to start (worked through support but no final cause/fix was found) so I just leave mmw running ... also then it does all the bits it should do without remembering to start it.

Looking forward to the fix but have to wait until thursday when I am in town.
Thanks again ... mm rocks
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Peke wrote:I have three PCs on Win 10, One laptop on x86 (32Bit), One upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium x64, one using Win 10 x64 clean install (initially upgraded from Win 7 Pro). No issues.

Are you sure that you do not have N versions or you have disabled some services.

HINT: In my recent experience I would suggest that you install clean Win 10 after initial upgrade to solve number of system incompatibility issues (not just MMW). I know it is pain in the ass (Two days job at least) unless you already upgraded to Win 10 and got ne Searial after Upgrade.
Peke .. great questions ... all i know is i shutdown mmw (no service running) then i try to install. It installs fine .. no warning (should it check for instance of mmw??). It is when started it crashes as noted.
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
sundiegojc

Post by sundiegojc »

I am experiencing this same issue with 1758, 1759, 1760, with Windows 1o x64 (upgraded from windows 7 x64. MM starts long enough to display the web screen, and then shuts down abruptly. The release notes for 1760 stated "his build hopefully fixes a bug that caused MMW 1757+ to be unable to start for some users (hopefully, because we've never replicated it). Unless there are any other showstoppers, we expect to release this build soon"
The fact that you've never replicated it, given my experience, and that of others posted on this thread, doesn't warrant a release yet in my mind.
duffman

Post by duffman »

I have the same problem on the last builds 1758-60 on my Windows 8.1 PC. I have reverted back to 1757 but look forward to the fix
GMFuller

Post by GMFuller »

It still happens for me (using the 1760 version), using Windows 7. It actually seems worse because now the error reporting window in the debug build does not stay open long enough for me to fill it out.
dypsis

Re: MediaMonkey v4.1.9.1760 RC Keeps Shutting Down

Post by dypsis »

Yeah, still the same bug in v4.1.9.1760 RC on my Windows 10 64-bit computers. Back to 57.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for feedback, re-opened: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12856

Could you please download this UPnP.dll : http://happymonkeying.com/beta/UpNp.dll
Replace it over your current UPnP.dll from 1760 and run 1760, does it work then?
Last edited by Ludek on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.