MMW4 generates errors when tagging

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Andre_H

MMW4 generates errors when tagging

Post by Andre_H »

Hello, everyone,

when I tag tracks with MMW4 (latest build, portable; Addon "Lyricator") that use the new Custom Fields from MMW5, the content from "Custom8" is written in the comment.

Can that be prevented somehow?

Edit: MMW4 even shows the content of "Custom8" as "comment", if there is actually any text in "comment". So, for a "peaceful coexistence" of both programs, in my opinion, the new custom fields would have to be made available in MMW4.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
IanRTaylorUK

Re: MMW4 generates errors when tagging

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Andre,

Just checked my library but using the new MMW5 "File / Reports / Filelist" with ALL columns selected. Took a look at the resulting CSV file and found that none of my files make use of the Custom 6 to 10 fields.

I agree with your comment about peaceful coexistence since we need still MMW4 for CD Burning, a number of Add-Ons etc.
Ian Taylor
Andre_H

Re: MMW4 generates errors when tagging

Post by Andre_H »

IanRTaylorUK wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:35 pm Took a look at the resulting CSV file and found that none of my files make use of the Custom 6 to 10 fields
I use all of them and could easily use 5 more fields ... :wink:
IanRTaylorUK wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:35 pm I agree with your comment about peaceful coexistence since we need still MMW4 for CD Burning, a number of Add-Ons etc.
to put it in other words (maybe and unintentionally the above came across as a bit demanding): Mediamonkey 4 does not have to be expanded to include the new fields, as they were never included. But being able to deal with it, in the sense that the new fields do not lead to incorrect storage in other fields, but may simply be ignored.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView