First 14 seconds of songs skipped

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

real_per

First 14 seconds of songs skipped

Post by real_per »

I have a problem with Mediamonkey 3.
Sometimes (roughly every 6 songs) it'll skip the first 14 seconds of of the song, and then just keep playing as normal. There's no skipping in the middle of songs.

It happens at random, and with all files.
It happened in the previous version of MM 3 I had installed, and upgrading didn't fix it.

Windows XP SP2
Mediamonkey ver. 3.0.2.1134
Files are streamed from an external harddrive connected to a mediaserver.
ponjovi

Post by ponjovi »

I am experiencing a similar problem. But for me, it's *every* song, and it's the first 12 seconds that get lost. IOW, every song starts playing at second 12.

This occurs whether I'm playing mp3's in my library, or whether I put an audio CD into my optical drive.

I upgraded from previous version of MM, not sure which.

No other skipping or issues with playback.

MM 3.0.2.1134
XP SP2

Post by Guest »

Is this bug report forum just for show, or are things actually looked at ?
I'd say, skipping the first x seconds of songs is a pretty crippling error in a paid software product. Still there has been no response.

If this is not the place to report program malfunctions, then where should one do it ?
mistresso

Post by mistresso »

There's another post similar to this on another forum:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ht=seconds

One of the problems is there's 3 forums that get written to for the same sorts of issues - BUg Reports, Beta Testing, and Need Help?

I believe the latest beta release helps address this, you might want to download it over on that forum.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I'd definitely suggest to test the latest beta release. In case it doesn't help, try to generate a debug log and e-mail it to me.

Jiri
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Anonymous wrote:Is this bug report forum just for show, or are things actually looked at ?
I'd say, skipping the first x seconds of songs is a pretty crippling error in a paid software product. Still there has been no response.

If this is not the place to report program malfunctions, then where should one do it ?
its just for show? well if you want to think that.

but there are some troubles caused when posting in the forums.
if some one logs in to the forum and the web site host crashes all the new messages are set to already read. and nobody can find all the messages that were marked that way, that they had not read.

so sometimes a bump is needed to make it show up as a unread message again. also the same thing happens if they log in to the wiki and don't come to the forum and read the new posts.
they just log out of the wiki and go some place else.
monkey will change the posts to already read. because when you log in to the monkey's wiki site he also logs you in here.
thus you last visited here with out knowing it.

but in your answer do what jiri said to do and if that don't work try to find a way to make the monkey crash while playing songs so all the info can be reported in a automatically generated bug report.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

Thanks, I might try out the Beta.
But if this problem is rectified in the beta, won't it be implemented in the next stable release ?