Playlist

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

vahan

Playlist

Post by vahan »

Hi

I Can't change the playlist that I've made the other day I want move some songs around, so the whole list lissen better.

How do I do this ??

Vahan
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

pick the order you want them to be in by left clicking the name and draging it to the postion you want.

then when finished. you right click on the playlist's name to get the context menu. on top of the context menu there is the option to update play order. that will change the list to always be the way you just arranged it.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
vahan

Playlist

Post by vahan »

You can't drag them around i MM3 ? Why??
It must be a bug.

vahan
vahan

Plalylist

Post by vahan »

Hi

Sorry. Now I can drag them. Before I couldn't. Out and In to the system, then I can again. OK.

Vahan
Bailey

can't update playlist

Post by Bailey »

rovingcowboy wrote:pick the order you want them to be in by left clicking the name and draging it to the postion you want.

then when finished. you right click on the playlist's name to get the context menu. on top of the context menu there is the option to update play order. that will change the list to always be the way you just arranged it.

8)
I can't make this work.
When I change my playlist by dragging & dropping, then leftclick on the playlist name in the tree, there is no option to update the play order in that menu!
I just have:
new playlist
new autoplaylist
remove duplicates from playlist
play now
play next
play last
send to
rename
cut
copy
paste
remove
auto-tag from amazon
auto-tag from filename
auto-organize files
options (show tree)
Bailey

playlist order

Post by Bailey »

The only way I can get the 'update play order' option is when I sort a playlist by header. But I want to update when I drag & drop to change the order!
rovingcowboy

Re: can't update playlist

Post by rovingcowboy »

Bailey wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:pick the order you want them to be in by left clicking the name and draging it to the postion you want.

8)
I can't make this work.
When I change my playlist by dragging & dropping, then leftclick on the playlist name in the tree, there is no option to update the play order in that menu!
I just have:
new playlist
new autoplaylist
remove duplicates from playlist
play now
play next
play last
send to
rename
cut
copy
paste
remove
auto-tag from amazon
auto-tag from filename
auto-organize files
options (show tree)

thats strange? it should be there. on the very top of the context menu?

um on colume sort? okay, try and out smart the monkey.

do a colmum sort then drag and drop to where you want them. then try the right click to get the update play order link. :o

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Bailey

update play order

Post by Bailey »

yes, that does work - if I sort by column, then drag & drop, the 'update play order' option appears.
BUT
the problem is when I create a playlist to DJ at a dance, I often need to move songs within that playlist. But MediaMonkey doesn't recognize those drag&drop changes within the playlist, and I can't give it the 'update play order' command. I won't want to sort by column, because that will mess with the playlist too much.
*sigh*
nohitter151

Re: update play order

Post by nohitter151 »

Bailey wrote:yes, that does work - if I sort by column, then drag & drop, the 'update play order' option appears.
BUT
the problem is when I create a playlist to DJ at a dance, I often need to move songs within that playlist. But MediaMonkey doesn't recognize those drag&drop changes within the playlist, and I can't give it the 'update play order' command. I won't want to sort by column, because that will mess with the playlist too much.
*sigh*
MM should remember the playlist's order after dragging and dropping. If you switch away from the node and switch back, it is back to the original order? Are you sure that you are not trying to re-organize Auto-playlists?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Bailey

playlist

Post by Bailey »

They're not auto playlists; they're lists that I created for specific purposes. I added specific songs to them.
Leaving the playlist and coming back to it doesn't help.

I know - it sounds ridiculous. I can't figure out WHY it won't accept changes and update the play order! It makes MediaMonkey rather useless for my main purpose.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It works fine for me, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

bailey i don't see what version you are using.

can you update to the newest beta version with is a final release canidate version. and see if that fixes your error.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 557#145557

get the debug version in that message.
Bailey

update play order

Post by Bailey »

I installed that latest version. (boo - I lost all my bpm info!)

I still cannot change the order with a playlist. When I drag & drop, the order the songs are played does not change.

I can make those changes in the 'now playing' area by drag/drop, BUT that means that I must wait until I am actively DJ-ing to adjust my play order.
It means that I can't set up my playlist in the general way I expect that I want it to play unless I plan out every song and add them to that playlist in the specific order. This seems unnecessarily restricting to me!

I still have no option to update play order if I rightclick on the playlist, the song, the header, etc.