MediaMonkey 3.0.3.1183 hangs on loading

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

clips12

MediaMonkey 3.0.3.1183 hangs on loading

Post by clips12 »

On loading MediaMonkey_3.0.3.1183, the application immediately hangs on the splash screen. What could be the reason?
Lowlander

Re: MediaMonkey 3.0.3.1183 hangs on loading

Post by Lowlander »

Has MediaMonkey 3 worked before on your machine? What version of Windows do you use? What error message is shown if any? Do you use any scripts?

Have you tried deleting the MediaMonkey database (see this FAQ for it's location)? You probably should rename the MM.DB to something else so you can still return to it if you need your old data.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I had this happen twice yesterday.
Ctrl+Alt+Del killed MM and restarted MM and it worked fine

1 of them I managaed to get off a not responding debug report email to MM support hopefully it will help as dbgview shows nothing once it stops responding.
Bex

Post by Bex »

It has been quite a few of these "just hang on the splash screen" reports lately. I hope the devs have notified it and are onto the problem.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the meanwhile keep sending the debug logs for those who have this issue so the developers can get more inside to the cause of this issue.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Post by Guest »

Hello,

i have the same problem wit the 3.0.3.1183 - upgraded my previous 3.x version and now i am not able to start it anymore. I tried to delete the database and also the settins ini file. The app is hanging with splash screen. Which files should i provide to you guys to help you finding this bug? I have XP installed with latest serv ice packs and updates.

Lowlander wrote:In the meanwhile keep sending the debug logs for those who have this issue so the developers can get more inside to the cause of this issue.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

I found that if I leave it hang long enough it crashes and I get to send the debug email.
arana

Post by arana »

i dont know if this h as to do with monitor , but in my case monitoring a directory made MM hang while rescaning, and i was not able to terminate te process , even tho MM kept running fine, the process was there stuck at almost 3/4 (had to exit with via task manager)

i just renamed the directory where the problem was, and BINGO! it is not stucking/hanging there any more

previous directory name:

c:\Music\Kany Garcia-{Cualquier dia}-CD 2007\ 11 - todo basta.mp3 (here it was stuck in the 11th file, maybe the first alphabetically)

renamed DIRECTORY to
c:\Music\Kany Garcia\ 11 - todo basta.mp3 and now it monitors just fine
so i guess the monitor library code in charge of scanning dirs has a bug somewhere regarding dashes or braces { } (curly brackets) or some RegExp has gone wild

followup EDIT:
I replaced my {} vbraces with () parenthesis and everything is fine.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

MoDementia wrote:I found that if I leave it hang long enough it crashes and I get to send the debug email.
Same here. It's been happening quite frequently lately. What's more, the debug version will actually generate many report windows as if there are multiple reasons for the freeze. I generally only send in the last one, clear the others, and then MM will load up fine but it's still disconcerting. I hope the devs are working on the issue.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
steve110

Post by steve110 »

Yeah,Ctrl+Alt+Del killed MM and restarted MM and it worked fine.
hurrican

Post by hurrican »

I am currently running vista and had some security issues recently and had to do a restore and reload security, on completion media monkey wouldnt work saying the audio library wouldnt work, have gone back and deleted everything I can can find relating to MM and a couple of system restored and then load the new version still nothing. Is it me Vista or MM. Have seen the qustion asked but no answers that help me

:( Product
MediaMonkey - Audio Library
Problem
Stopped responding and was closed
Date
28/07/2008 10:26 AM
Status
Not Reported
Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: MediaMonkey.exe
Application Version: 3.0.3.1183
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Hang Signature: ad99
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: XXXXXX
Additional Hang Signature 1: a80f88cfe1bd50967ce0722b67ab5512
Additional Hang Signature 2: 27f6
Additional Hang Signature 3: 6a8b4ed081c0a11bf81ac579e821f634
Additional Hang Signature 4: ad99
Additional Hang Signature 5: a80f88cfe1bd50967ce0722b67ab5512
Additional Hang Signature 6: 27f6
Additional Hang Signature 7: 6a8b4ed081c0a11bf81ac579e821f634
szc333

Post by szc333 »

I too have the same problem media monkey locks at the start screen. Running windows xp and have k Lite codec pack 4.0 installed just like supremeeox. I had k lite installed long back and I just dowloaded mm3 and installed it and doesn't seem to work from the start.
Tried many times and couldn't get it to work.
Any help would be appreciated.

Win XP SP3 Build 2600
Media monkey 3.0.3.1183
Intel Pentium D 3.4Ghz
1.5Gigs Ram
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Try this:

At C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Plugins, rename d_iphone.dll to off.d_iphone.dll, then start MM.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
szc333

Post by szc333 »

Excellent work man thanks for the help.Really appreciate it and it works perfectly now thanks to you.
Kudos!