Copy seems to Cut

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

Afrow UK

Copy seems to Cut

Post by Afrow UK »

If I copy a track in one album and paste in another it actually moves the track completely (but doesn't move the file). Cut does exactly the same. Surely copy should duplicate and not move the track to the new album (and copy the file too). I want to make a playlist using a folder and copying the files to it. I have to do this using Windows at the moment.

Edit: Using latest version on Windows 7 (has the same problem on older versions on Windows Vista).

Stu
Eyal

Re: Copy seems to Cut

Post by Eyal »

Afrow UK wrote:If I copy a track in one album and paste in another
What node (in treeview) are you using when copying?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Afrow UK

Post by Afrow UK »

From any album under Album to another album. I have started using Send To > Folder (Copy) for now.

Stu
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

This wont work.
Copy the same track using the Location node.
To locate the track, use: right-click -> Find More From Same -> Folder (Library).
Then copy it to another folder in the Location node.

Note that you will need to edit its properties afterwards (Artist, Album) because Artists/Albums nodes are only classifications of these fields.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then the question becomes, should Paste be disabled in the other album as there won't be a copy executed?