Minor problems. using shoutcast plugin with mediamonkey

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

mgillespie

Minor problems. using shoutcast plugin with mediamonkey

Post by mgillespie »

When using the latest Winamp Shoutcast plugin with MediaMonkey, although it streams perfectly to my shoutcast server, it does not send the track history, so it always shows the song history on my shoutcast server page as being empty.

Other than this, it works perfectly...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

True, I've checked it out and have the shoutcast server running on the same PC as mediamonkey. It works well otherwise.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
strand

Post by strand »

bump
has anyone found a solution to this problem yet.i have only just found MM and i much prefer using it than winamp but this little bug will annoy the life out of me.
mgillespie

Post by mgillespie »

Was hoping the latest betas sorted it out, but it seems not, so far.

Please can someone look at this. MediaMonkey makes a amazing Shoutcast source, and the plugin works fine aside from this issue..
agentsmart

Post by agentsmart »

that sounds like a shoutcast plugin problem not reading the history tags.

winamp just updated a short while ago check with their new updated player and see if it the plug in works with it.? if it it does then come back here and tell us the file formats that are not working with the plugin.

rusty and jiri will need more info to fix this then just the orginal post gave.
strand

Post by strand »

tested like asked and the shoutcast updates everything i play with the new updated winamp(v5.1) and the shoutcast v1.90 but most of what i play is in mp3 format anyway.
same mp3's dont update the shoutcast automatic updates when using the MM player.
if i use the winamp player through MM the same issue arises if using the shoutcast source that opens with MM,the issue goes away if i use the shoutcast source that opens with winamp but i lose some functionality of MM ie: "set as next" a track that i select from the MM media libary
which is the other reason for me being in this thread as i feel this is a good function to have

i dont know wether it is shoutcast not being able to read the tags or MM not allowing it to or the tags not being where shoutcast should find them

hope this helps
james4001

Post by james4001 »

Sorry for bringing this old topic back to life but i have just started to use the shoutcast server and plugin and have the same problem.

I am using the MM3 RC2 and the latest shoutcast plugin/server. I have tried the same plugin/server with winamp and it works fine broadcasting the song title and artist. It would be great if the song broadcsting would work in mediamonkey so i dont have to use winamp for shoutcast broadcasting.

Anyone got any ideas?

James
Zorro69

Post by Zorro69 »

i have the same problem... latest shoutcast server and dsp-/shoutcast plugin. works perfect with winamp (of course...), shows track-title, website-info etc... with MM3 the streaming works well, but no track-info.. :-(
seems like the shoutcast-source plugin doesn't get (can't import?) the relevant data from MM
miked

Re: Minor problems. using shoutcast plugin with mediamonkey

Post by miked »

Same issue with 3.0.2.1134. I have to use WinAmp because MM can't handle the info.
telcobert_

Re: Shoutcast plugin not piping track info

Post by telcobert_ »

Zorro69 wrote:seems like the shoutcast-source plugin doesn't get (can't import?) the relevant data from MM
I can confirm this. After a lot of trial and error, actually only error, I found no such functionality either. So I ditched the Shoutcast Plugin in favour of the OddCast Plugin which will bring track information along, parsing it from a Windows process title which I set to "TApplication".

Oddcast defaults to IceCast but one can change this to pipe music to an existing Shoutcast Server, so I did not need to modify my other setup. The Plugin is fairly mature and stable, it even saves the Encoder settings without need to edit the ini file as with Shoutcast. (For the parsing, however, I needed to fiddle a second ini file as I could not get Oddcast Plugin to save this automatically ...)
SenseMaker2010

Re: Shoutcast plugin not piping track info

Post by SenseMaker2010 »

telcobert_ wrote:
Zorro69 wrote:seems like the shoutcast-source plugin doesn't get (can't import?) the relevant data from MM
I can confirm this. After a lot of trial and error, actually only error, I found no such functionality either. So I ditched the Shoutcast Plugin in favour of the OddCast Plugin which will bring track information along, parsing it from a Windows process title which I set to "TApplication".

Oddcast defaults to IceCast but one can change this to pipe music to an existing Shoutcast Server, so I did not need to modify my other setup. The Plugin is fairly mature and stable, it even saves the Encoder settings without need to edit the ini file as with Shoutcast. (For the parsing, however, I needed to fiddle a second ini file as I could not get Oddcast Plugin to save this automatically ...)
@telcobert_: Lately I found this thread... already posted a general question about Shoutcast/Icecast in MM here without any response.

Sounds interesting. Oddcast/Icecast, yes... seems a good alternative. If I start my Shoutcast with Winamp, it hangs.... but no troubles with Oddcast (oddcast DSP v2 (dsp_oddcast_v2.dll)).

As I am not a programmer, just a radio moderator: Do you have an instruction (or less a link on the web about), how to integrate Icecast/Oddcast into MediaMonkey (actually I use version 3.2.5.1306) and how to configure the parameters so the localhost stream is streamed to an external provider which hosts public Internet Radios ?

Tks in advance. Happy Weekend ! :-)

PS: the talks here about "Winamp Shoutcast plugin with MediaMonkey" going back to 2005... Where to find it ? Is it gone or still available for download?
Peke

Post by Peke »

See http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7268 and I also plan to release last Icecast version in MMIP on HappyMonkeying Site.

Also Icecast works great on my PC.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
SenseMaker2010

Post by SenseMaker2010 »

Peke wrote:See http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7268 and I also plan to release last Icecast version in MMIP on HappyMonkeying Site.

that really gives hope :-) @Peke: Tks for the link. On the Ventismedia site they mostly talk about MM version 4 . Does it mean I hvae to upgrade to the "professional/commercial" version, or can I still use the cost free standard version ?

PS: The only negative thing with Icecast is, that everybody can see the statistics... like this: http://listen.onmyradio.net:8000/ Copy and paste this address into your browser URL window and hit enter, then you get the statistic of Jazz FM in London. If I would be the broadcaster I dont want that even my concurrence might see how much people are on my stream...

Any chance to hide that ? - Shoutcast hides this... or less I do not know how to read the statistics of a shoutcast server station. :-)
mcDaur

Post by mcDaur »

same here. no problem at alll
How to install signal repeater
Peke

Post by Peke »

MM specific Icecast plugin can be found here http://www.happymonkeying.com/plugin.php?q=300088
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum