Error "MM - Audio Library Has Stopped Working" / MultiScreen

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

Scott100

Error "MM - Audio Library Has Stopped Working" / MultiScreen

Post by Scott100 »

Other users have reported that when attempting to run MM, Windows Vista returns an error "MediaMonkey - Audio Library Has Stopped Working" and forces the program to close. I was experiencing this error and I tried the fixes suggested in the forum and could not solve the problem. After some trial and error, I found that the error only occurs when I am running Samsung Electronics MultiScreen 3.0.0. This is software that came with my Samsung LCD monitor (it is available on the Samsung website) that allows you to snap application windows into multiple zones on your monitor for viewing multiple apps on the same screen. If MultiScreen is running, MM will crash immediately. MM 3.2.5.1306, Windows Vista SP2 32-bit HP Laptop
Lowlander

Re: Error "MM - Audio Library Has Stopped Working" / MultiSc

Post by Lowlander »

Create a debug log and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Peke

Post by Peke »

What model of DELL laptop you have and what GPU it uses.

Additionally Try to go to MM installation folder and Start "MediaMonkey (Non-skinned).exe".
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
jeremyholton

Post by jeremyholton »

I am getting the same problem with Windows 7 64 bit. I just paid for it and now I can't use it. Crashes every time with MM - Audio Library has Stopped Working

I tried MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe but it still crashed.

I tried renaming the mm.db file so that MM couldn't find it but it still crashes suggesting that its not a problem with the library itself

What now? I removed iTunes so I can't play music.
jeremyholton

Post by jeremyholton »

jeremyholton wrote:I am getting the same problem with Windows 7 64 bit. I just paid for it and now I can't use it. Crashes every time with MM - Audio Library has Stopped Working

I tried MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe but it still crashed.

I tried renaming the mm.db file so that MM couldn't find it but it still crashes suggesting that its not a problem with the library itself

What now? I removed iTunes so I can't play music.

It looks as though I may have fixed the problem. I checked the Windows event viewer and the MM error appeared to be associated with a Quicktime fault so I uninstalled QuickTime and reinstalled it. MM is working. For now at least
robinsiebler

Post by robinsiebler »

I encountered the same problem with Actual Multiple Monitors (http://www.actualtools.com/multiplemonitors/). I added MediaMonkey to AMM's exception list and that solved the problem.
Tom29928

Post by Tom29928 »

I just fixed the problem by uninstalling Quicktime Pro.
random7

Post by random7 »

Same. Uninstall Qtime and MM works fine.

Post by Guest »

Uninstalled quicktime and it worked! Thanks guys!

Post by Guest »

Likewise, thanks folks, nuked Quicktime, now MM working! Don't think I really even need quicktime anymore, I mean I think VLC will play just about anything, to heck with Apple! Used to be needed, apple software on PC is now history, woot!