MM doesn't start

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

pietzke

MM doesn't start

Post by pietzke »

When I start Mediamonkey the splashscreen appears, Trayicon appears and MM process is shown in Taskmgr. When splashscreen is finished, MM disappears from Taskmgr and mouseover icon lets it disappear aswell. I had 1459 installed and worked with for quite a while and it was working just fine, same as several betas before. I haven't changed anything to my System. MM just doesn't start anymore. What I tried so far:

Overinstall MM with old MM.DB and .ini -> same behaviour
Uninstall MM, delete all Userdata and MM-related folders, reinstall as admin, run as admin -> same behaviour
Run in safe mode -> same behaviour

I might have run CCleander, but I've always done that occasionaly and never affected MM.

It's a win7 x64 with 4GB Ram, installed on ssd.

Got any ideas or same problems?
Lowlander

Re: MM doesn't start

Post by Lowlander »

Does renaming d_iphone.dll to d_iphone.dll.off in the Plugins folder fix the issue?
pietzke

Post by pietzke »

Yes it does. Thanks alot Lowlander, you saved my day! :D
Kevinrse

Post by Kevinrse »

Just wanted to report that I had the same issue. A google search brought me here, and this fix worked for me too. Thanks!

Post by Guest »

Thanks Lowlander you saved my day too!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which tends to indicate your QuickTime installation has a corruption. Reinstalling QuickTime should also fix the issue.