Ctrl-Shift-Click Bug [#9543]

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

npbaudoin

Ctrl-Shift-Click Bug [#9543]

Post by npbaudoin »

Usually when I'm making long playlists for my MP3 player go through my entire library and use the Click then Shift+Click to select my first unbroken list of songs followed by Ctrl+Click then Shift+Ctrl+Click for all subsequent unbroken lists. I will go through my library in this fashion, pulling albums or groups of songs, then "add to playlist" or even "play now" if I'm just making an on the fly playlist. Since converting to the MM4 betas, however, I've noticed a bug. When using the Ctrl+Click then Shift+Ctrl+Click operation, the top song from the list (the one which I originally Ctrl+Clicked) becomes unselected. The easy remedy, of course, is to just select the song above the one you are trying to select, but it's been difficult to remember to do this. I believe this was not the case in prior versions of MM, so if this could be fixed I would greatly appreciate it. I've put some screen captions to help better understand what I'm talking about it. If my explanation isn't clear, please leave me a comment and I'll try and clear it up. I believe this is 100% reproducible in any version of MM up to the current one and not dependent upon my system as I've encountered it on every computer that I have installed in my household. That's why I haven't included any system info or bug reports.

http://imgur.com/a/3xOup#3
Lowlander

Re: Ctrl-Shift-Click Bug

Post by Lowlander »

Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
npbaudoin

Post by npbaudoin »

Any chance this bug is getting attention in 4.1?
Peke

Re: Ctrl-Shift-Click Bug [#9543]

Post by Peke »

Most likely. It is just lower priority for adding in later stages of Beta.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Hey npbaudoin you are a very gutsy person, it only took me one time of going through all the library like this and on the last few songs in list sneeze and have my finger click the mouse while my other hand was off the keys. To make me start going through and sending small groups to a new list as a temp list so as not to lose all the selected ones again. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
npbaudoin

Post by npbaudoin »

Thanks so much for fixing this!
amar3213

Post by amar3213 »

npbaudoin wrote:Usually when I'm making long playlists for my MP3 player go through my entire library and use the Click then Shift+Click to select my first unbroken list of songs followed by Ctrl+Click then Shift+Ctrl+Click for all subsequent unbroken lists. I will go through my library in this fashion, pulling albums or groups of songs, then "add to playlist" or even "play now" if I'm just making an on the fly playlist. Since converting to the MM4 betas, however, I've noticed a bug. When using the Ctrl+Click then Shift+Ctrl+Click operation, the top song from the list (the one which I originally Ctrl+Clicked) becomes unselected. The easy remedy, of course, is to just select the song above the one you are trying to select, but it's been difficult to remember to do this. I believe this was not the case in prior versions of MM, so if this could be fixed I would greatly appreciate it. I've put some screen captions to help better understand what I'm talking about it. If my explanation isn't clear, please leave me a comment and I'll try and clear it up. I believe this is 100% reproducible in any version of MM up to the current one and not dependent upon my system as I've encountered it on every computer that I have installed in my household. That's why I haven't included any system info or bug reports.

http://imgur.com/a/3xOup#3
Selecting bug still not fixed after 4 years. I checked all the version till now:
MediaMonkey_4.0.6.1501
MediaMonkey_4.0.7.1511
MediaMonkey_4.1.0.1646_Debug

All have same selecting problem and this is the only reason I am still using old "MediaMonkey_4.0.3.1476" version. Very sad...........
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

I am using ver. 4.1.0.1686 and this problem seems to of been resolved,
after following steps shown in pictures.
Good luck