Copy and paste via set mouse button click does not work

To get bugs in the current release fixed, please report them here.

Moderator: Gurus

BMarr

Copy and paste via set mouse button click does not work

Post by BMarr »

I have actually experienced this since way back maybe 6 years ago or so when i first started using MM, not sure why i took so long but i thought maybe it was one of those things that would be complained about by someone else and fixed any day now...

MM is a powerful tool, like most that probably chose it I am a heavily organized and efficient person, I customize everything about my computer to suit how I use it. One very valuable asset I found in organizing files and renaming things is having a copy and past button on the mouse. Interestingly enough this does not work anywhere in the MM environment windows.

I thought maybe a different setup or update would fix this, but here I am in MM4, windows xp, vista, and 7, many different mouses and environments, but still consistently MM is the only place i find my mouse copy and paste do not work, ironically one of the places i use copy and paste the most.

What boggles me is that ctrl+c and v work just fine, and when you set your mouse keys it actually says 'Copy (ctrl+c)', so i assumed the button is simply set to do exactly the same as ctrl+c. Apparently it uses a different command or something to execute copy since the key combo's work.

Any thoughts on this? Is it Microsoft mouse backing down when in the MM environment, or MM blocking it somehow? Any workarounds or updates that can be done?
rovingcowboy

Re: Copy and paste via set mouse button click does not work

Post by rovingcowboy »

are you talking about setting the third button or wheel button on the mouse as a copy button? 8) :-?

just tried setting the wheel button to copy and tried to use it in mm properties panel to copy text and then use right click to paste text in to the comment text area.

did not work.

reset the mouse properties to use program specific settings. and tried the copy and paste in the properties panel as above and it still did not work.

so if this is setting made for reasons wanted by the developers or one by MS developers, i don't know. it might be a previous bug that was unknown and is causing trouble everywhere in mm exe. ? :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Do you have some special software installed where you set the keys? Or even Microsoft mouse & keyboard center, something like that?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

nohitter151 wrote:Do you have some special software installed where you set the keys? Or even Microsoft mouse & keyboard center, something like that?
me i just have the ms programs of Itype and Ipoint installed.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
bmarr

Post by bmarr »

Yes like cowboy, I have Microsoft intellipoint (which is pretty standard for all microsoft mouse and keyboards). If i just used the default mouse control center there is no option to set the keys to various things.

But i have used this in hundreds of programs and never have i seen it fail except in MM, and every possible place in the MM environment, on every version and I always install each update.
bmarr

Post by bmarr »

Anybody on this one? Atleast hopefully from a techy that can say theres a solid conflict and maybe I can look for a work around? It would be very convenient to tag with this.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

bmarr wrote:Anybody on this one? Atleast hopefully from a techy that can say theres a solid conflict and maybe I can look for a work around? It would be very convenient to tag with this.
You might go to lockergnome.net post to them asking " If right click copy does not work in an program, is there any way to get it working by a third party program or tweaking program?"

Chris and the others there are biggest group of geeks i know of.

8)
DazB

Post by DazB »

Hi,

I use a Logitech mouse and have copy/paste assigned to buttons (using their SetPoint software) and it normally works, but when it doesn't I can't say it's MM as sometimes SetPoint needs to be restarted.

Daz

Post by Guest »

Great thanks, so someone does have this working. I will try Logitech on my next mouse (sucks because i have intellipoint with 2 keyboards and 2 mouse connected all microsoft) Atleast i know there is a way this works.