Mediamonkey crashes when updating podcasts [#15542]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

mccracken02

Mediamonkey crashes when updating podcasts [#15542]

Post by mccracken02 »

Hi, it seems that MMW has started frequently crashing/closing when updating subscribed podcasts. I had scheduled podcasts to auto-update every hour.

I'm currently on version 4.1.23.1881. The error code im seeing is "Access violation at address 00000000. Write of address 00000000."

Here are the things I have tried to resolve/narrow down the issue:
Reinstall: didn't help
use non-skinned exe: didn't help
manually terminate the podcast update thread in bottom status bar: MMW would stay running until the next hour/update
disable podcast updating completely: MMW will run perfectly for days until I manually tell it to update podcasts

I installed the debug version of MMW, and the error code i'm seeing is "Access violation at address 00000000. Write of address 00000000." I have sent this error report using the tool (my email address starts with mccracken02).
Peke

Re: Mediamonkey crashes when updating podcasts

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sent log contain only fraction of error and exact point of error state, but not the reason why it happen.

Please, can I ask you that you Create new support ticket and supply us with log file as described at https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=7&t=69

In addition to above if you select Error details from error dialog you can also copy whole log to clipboard that you can save in plain TXT file and attach along with debug log in ticket.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mccracken02

Re: Mediamonkey crashes when updating podcasts

Post by mccracken02 »

Just posted request Ticket: #WGK-638-24525
Peke

Re: Mediamonkey crashes when updating podcasts [#15542]

Post by Peke »