MediaMonkey 3.0 Translation - who's doing what

If you want to translate MediaMonkey to your local language...

Moderators: rusty, Gurus

*V*

sorry

Post by *V* »

of Course...i forgot...i'm an Italian _English prof translator...

bye for now

Valentina
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Ciao Valentina.
I guess you are talking about the translation that arg0 made for the 2.x version of MediaMonkey.
Actually MM is (hopefully) soon to be released in the 3.0 version, with a new translation.
As you surely noticed in my previous posts, I sent the new translation a couple of weeks ago. So it's no more argo's one that you should proofread ;).
As the Devs add the new Italian translation in the next release, arg0 is going to work with me to empower and correct it, since it's far from perfect yet.
Of course you are welcome to help us as well, so we can compare and discuss more opinions and solutions ;).
Bye.
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
Morten

Post by Morten »

It will be included in the next version of MediaMonkey, v3.0.2. Actually MediaMonkey has launched quietly.
Best regards,
Morten
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Ok, thank you.

P.S. I meant that MM3 is going to be released soon as an official release. Maybe it's just me, but i tend to consider RCs more like betas.

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
Morten

Post by Morten »

RCs are Release Candidate, and in fact a final is also a part of a release candidate.
Best regards,
Morten
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Hi there.
In the latest release of MM3, the context.mo file of the Italian localization is missing, causing some context helps to show in English instead of Italian (i.e. in the Options menus).
Do you want me to send it again or do you still have it? Let me know.
Bye.

For Valentina (*V*):
now you can proofread my translation, added in the latest release of MM3, and discuss it here if you want. :)
See ya.

Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Fraxav wrote: In the latest release of MM3, the context.mo file of the Italian localization is missing, causing some context helps to show in English instead of Italian (i.e. in the Options menus).
Do you want me to send it again or do you still have it? Let me know.
Context.mo still misses in the last version, causing the problem described above. I know, Italy stinks tooooo hard, but come on just add the .mo file in the next release :lol: :D :wink: .

Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Same problem for the third version in a row... :-?
I don't want to be boring, but I wish that any Dev could read and ANSWER my posts.
I received no mail or PMs about my proposal (send you again the file) so I assume that you still have it.
It seems you are almost ignoring this problem.
By the way, if nobody is still going to answer, I'm sending the whole localization .zip file, so I can also update something.
Bye.

rusty

Fixed in RC-2

Post by rusty »

Fraxav,

It'll be fixed in RC2.

-Rusty
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Now it works. Thank you sir. :)

BKeeper

Catalan translation

Post by BKeeper »

Hi,

This is my first post here. :D
Let me start by thanking all MM developers
I've been using MM for a long long time and really, MM3 is simply amazing!

From what I can see there isn't a catalan translation, isn't it?

Well, I'm willing to do it if that's ok with you guys.

Just PM me or post to give me the green light. :)

Thanks,

BK
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Just wanted to let you know that the Italian translation is always in upgrade. I'm not leaving it "incomplete". The last handful of fuzzy lines will be fixed soon...I'm just busy with study :\

Bye.

Zhao SiCong

Chinese (Simplified) Translation

Post by Zhao SiCong »

Hi,

I'm a University Student studying in University of Shanghai for Science and Technoligy (上海理工大学, USST), and I'm major in English.

I'm really glad that I've found MediaMonkey whose fetures are just what I've long eagered to get. However, it is really sad to see that you cannot get in touch with the former Chinese translator (It should be, in my opinion). I also found that his/her translation was not so good (At least it can be improved due to the complexity of the Chinese language).

In a word, I'm really interested in continuing the Chinese (Simplified) translation as well as improving the former translated strings to benefit Chinese users. It can also contribute to my English learning.

I'm busy preparing my final examination these days. I'll work on the translation soon.