Windows Media Player 11-skin [MM3] v1.3 released

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Morten

Post by Morten »

Where do I remove the shifting between blue/white for every second track? Where do I change the image for selected tracks?
Best regards,
Morten
Morten

Post by Morten »

I've found the answer on the first question, but haven't found the answer to the second one. How do I change the selected color/shape?

Update on the skin.

Download;
http://www.diskusjon.no/index.php?act=A ... &id=139130
Best regards,
Morten
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Morten9300 wrote:I've found the answer on the first question, but haven't found the answer to the second one. How do I change the selected color/shape?
ListBox\Item-ActiveBitmap = focused selected item background
ListBox\ItemAdv-ActiveBitmap = unfocused selected item background
ListBox\ItemAdv-ActiveFont = unfocused selected item font color
Morten

Post by Morten »

Thanks Petr. :D I'm learning the rest of the programs skinning module as I try here.

BTW, do you happen to know where I can change the menu (File, Edit, View) hover/pressed background?
Best regards,
Morten
Blake

Post by Blake »

i dont think the clickable area on the buttons is big enough
Morten

Post by Morten »

If you mean the main-buttons in the player, then that's a problem with the skinning module. Remember it's an alpha and that I'm working with Petr to solve eventual bugs which may occur this early in the development process.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Morten9300 wrote:BTW, do you happen to know where I can change the menu (File, Edit, View) hover/pressed background?
I think it using SpeedButton\Face object.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I like your skin. As a reproduction it's a work of art! :)

One thing that is a personal gripe of mine and probably relates to my use of an LCD monitor is the very slightly rounded corners of the main frame top.
This allows the smallest amount of the desktop in particular to "shine" through ruining an otherwise nice skin.

Would it be possible to just have square corners to avoid this?

I realise that some people don't run their apps' in full screen but even so the sharper look would be nice even then.

Thanks for your efforts, I have enjoyed watching this skin develop.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I don't normally read this forum, but I checked it out after seeing the comments in the beta forum.

Morten, very impressive skin. Thanks for your efforts... I can't wait for this skin and mm3 to hit it's final releases.
Morten

Post by Morten »

PetrCBR wrote:
Morten9300 wrote:BTW, do you happen to know where I can change the menu (File, Edit, View) hover/pressed background?
I think it using SpeedButton\Face object.
No, that's for all the other objects in the menu. Anyone who now where I can change the press-background for the menu-items (File, Edit, View etc.)?

@everyone; Thans for your comments. I will further develop this skin together with the new skinning possibilities each new build will give us.
Best regards,
Morten
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i think you will have to add a button object under the item in the menu bar.

if that is not the place then try under the toolbaritem in the same area for the menu bar.

most the stuff was not on the main default player so you just
have to keep adding something some place to find out where it
should be. but that is where i found the button area for changing the back ground on those file view edit buttons.

of course i had to ad an active bitmap just for the background

which is why i think you might need to add the button object to one of those places.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
karimleo

Post by karimleo »

Hi Morten, I like the skin but when I installed it this what I got.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b375/ ... /MMWMP.jpg

With a few careful tweaks of the player file I got everything lined up correctly. However the problem I am having is with the "prev" and "next" buttons. Shown in the picture below

Compared to the original WMP buttons

If you notice they lose their curve, almost like the Play/Pause button is blocking them, any ideas?
Morten

Post by Morten »

You're not using Alpha 3 as it says in the title. Will add a warning in the first post.

As said, this is a problem with the skinning module. It's in alpha-stages still and this will be fixed surely before WMP11. Defining a press-area is high on my wishlist for future fixes, and I know Petr is aware of that. I have experienced this bug in Alpha 3, also the press-area seems to be very little. These are issues we'll work out one by one.

Oh, and please remember the new skin is ONLY for Alpha 3. You are using Alpha 2 I think, it's because of that the elements gets messed up. :)
Best regards,
Morten
karimleo

Post by karimleo »

Right you are, I updated and it works fine. Great skin! :D
Morten

Post by Morten »

The old build doesn't understand this string;

CenterOffsetX=

Which makes it unable to know where to place the object. :wink:
Best regards,
Morten