ZuneSkin [v1.6]

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

spacefish
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:21 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by spacefish »

drjboulder wrote:Any chance of "fixing" the Play/Pause button?
What's wrong with it? Looks just like mine.
Image
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
rovingcowboy
Posts: 14162
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:57 am
Location: (Texas)
Contact:

Post by rovingcowboy »

indescribable wrote:Since its all i've got(for now)
i take good care of it...
runs faster than most P4's i tell you
:lol:
go to majorgeeks.com look for the program called " Priority "

turn that on before you start media monkey and monkey will start in high priority.

helps on some things. but after you start monkey you can exit the priority program and not let anything else start in high. and it won't revert monkey when you close priority.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
drjboulder
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Boulder, Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by drjboulder »

spacefish wrote:
drjboulder wrote:Any chance of "fixing" the Play/Pause button?
What's wrong with it? Looks just like mine.
Would prefer a Full, Round Button, like the "Previous" & "Next" buttons.
D Rock
Image
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
spacefish
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:21 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by spacefish »

drjboulder wrote:
spacefish wrote:
drjboulder wrote:Any chance of "fixing" the Play/Pause button?
What's wrong with it? Looks just like mine.
Would prefer a Full, Round Button, like the "Previous" & "Next" buttons.
Oh, I like that it's cut off like that. Gives it style, IMO. To make it full, he'd have to make it smaller and I just don't think it would look as sharp.
Image
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
drjboulder
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Boulder, Colorado, USA
Contact:

Post by drjboulder »

spacefish wrote:Oh, I like that it's cut off like that. Gives it style, IMO.
Well, maybe I just need to look at things differently! :P
Lets see if this is how Nohitter intended it to look like, when he pipes in.
D Rock
Image
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
indescribable
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 10:44 pm
Contact:

Post by indescribable »

rovingcowboy wrote:
indescribable wrote:Since its all i've got(for now)
i take good care of it...
runs faster than most P4's i tell you
:lol:
go to majorgeeks.com look for the program called " Priority "

turn that on before you start media monkey and monkey will start in high priority.

helps on some things. but after you start monkey you can exit the priority program and not let anything else start in high. and it won't revert monkey when you close priority.

8)

yeah i've thought of changing priorities... but then it messes with other programs which might be running... cuz i've got mediamonkey running all the time... even when i'm playing a game etc etc... and the last thing i need is for my computer to start running slower... after my boasts...
haha
† ιη∂εš¢яιвαвℓє™
indescribable
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 10:44 pm
Contact:

Post by indescribable »

spacefish wrote: Oh, I like that it's cut off like that. Gives it style, IMO. To make it full, he'd have to make it smaller and I just don't think it would look as sharp.
I agree... but then if it were extending beyond the player a la vista start button it would be an improvement (but i guess the skinning enginge won't allow it?) but otherwise its great... classy even

Cheers
† ιη∂εš¢яιвαвℓє™
spacefish
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:21 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by spacefish »

indescribable wrote:but then if it were extending beyond the player a la vista start button it would be an improvement
Haha, I disagree here. I think it's perfect and think a protruding edge on two sides would ruin it, not to mention make it taller and mess up all my spacing! For my setup, the protruding edge at the bottom would get cut off by my program windows anyway. If there was a protruding edge it the top, it would mean the actual top of the skin would be at button height, causing a space at the top edge and, for my taste, defeating the purpose of a window-shade type player.

Anyway, I've been looking at this player in some form or other for the better part of a month now and I just love it as is. LikeMM's was great but nohitter's really streamlines the whole thing and perfects the placement of all the little bits. Never go back to regular float players. :)
Image
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
indescribable
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 10:44 pm
Contact:

Post by indescribable »

spacefish wrote:
indescribable wrote:but then if it were extending beyond the player a la vista start button it would be an improvement
Haha, I disagree here. I think it's perfect and think a protruding edge on two sides would ruin it, not to mention make it taller and mess up all my spacing! For my setup, the protruding edge at the bottom would get cut off by my program windows anyway. If there was a protruding edge it the top, it would mean the actual top of the skin would be at button height, causing a space at the top edge and, for my taste, defeating the purpose of a window-shade type player.

Anyway, I've been looking at this player in some form or other for the better part of a month now and I just love it as is. LikeMM's was great but nohitter's really streamlines the whole thing and perfects the placement of all the little bits. Never go back to regular float players. :)
yeah you do have a point... its whole advantage is its "slimness"
I totally love it but i'm still confused about where to place it... at the top(since i'm using the vista basic theme it kind of overlaps the top of my windows though) or the bottom... maybe nohitter151 could make a vertical slim player too ;).. make me even more confused haha
† ιη∂εš¢яιвαвℓє™
nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Post by nohitter151 »

drjboulder wrote:
spacefish wrote:Oh, I like that it's cut off like that. Gives it style, IMO.
Well, maybe I just need to look at things differently! :P
Lets see if this is how Nohitter intended it to look like, when he pipes in.
Somewhere back in this thread is the conversation that took place on the MicroPlayer. It didn't originally look like it did now, and a lot of users said they liked the skin except for the micro player. That's where gege stepped in, and gave me what everyone agreed was a cleaner, better design, so I implemented that (so yes, it is supposed to look like that :wink: ). Long story short, thats what is now also being used in the "Slim" Float Player. To be honest, I never thought about making the entire button round (in the float player there is room to make the button full, unlike in the MicroPlayer). Still, I sort of agree with Spacefish that it would take away from the "Slimness". Still, keep up the dialog, maybe I'll try it out just to see how it looks...
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Post by nohitter151 »

indescribable wrote:... maybe nohitter151 could make a vertical slim player too ;).. make me even more confused haha
While I certainly could make a vertical "Slim" player, it would definitely not be as useful. I can't make the text write up and down so the information would all be missing, which is basically the entire advantage to one of these players.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
spacefish
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:21 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by spacefish »

indescribable wrote:I totally love it but i'm still confused about where to place it... at the top(since i'm using the vista basic theme it kind of overlaps the top of my windows though) or the bottom...
I moved the top of my program windows down 25 pixels and tucked the player between the top of the screen and the top of the program window. Firefox, Thunderbird and anything else that will run in a non-maximized window. Also, since I've gotten a widescreen monitor, I've pushed the right borders in so that the Vista sidebar is always displayed.
Image
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
indescribable
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 10:44 pm
Contact:

Post by indescribable »

nohitter151 wrote:
indescribable wrote:... maybe nohitter151 could make a vertical slim player too ;).. make me even more confused haha
While I certainly could make a vertical "Slim" player, it would definitely not be as useful. I can't make the text write up and down so the information would all be missing, which is basically the entire advantage to one of these players.
ah k...
oh well... one less choice then eh? :D
but yeah keep up the good... no wait... the awesome work... :D
† ιη∂εš¢яιвαвℓє™
indescribable
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 10:44 pm
Contact:

Post by indescribable »

spacefish wrote: I moved the top of my program windows down 25 pixels and tucked the player between the top of the screen and the top of the program window. Firefox, Thunderbird and anything else that will run in a non-maximized window. Also, since I've gotten a widescreen monitor, I've pushed the right borders in so that the Vista sidebar is always displayed.
well for now i've kept it just above the taskbar, centralized...
† ιη∂εš¢яιвαвℓє™
Dreadlau
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:49 am
Contact:

Post by Dreadlau »

Hi nohitter. hi would like to ask you if you could make a sp version of your slim zune skin?

Hope I'm not pushing you as i realize you're already doing so much for this board.
Post Reply