Aqua4 - Small player skin [v4.4]

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

nohitter151

Aqua4 - Small player skin [v4.4]

Post by nohitter151 »

Skin Preview

I have edited out some of the bugs from the Aqua4 skin, a bit of history on it is available in this thread. I am working on many skinning projects at the moment but since many people are looking for small skin players like in MM2 I wanted to make this available. This skin is also available to download from the wiki.

Installation instructions:
1. Download Aqua4 v4.4
2. Run the mmip file, the skin will install automatically.
3. Change your skin in Tools --> Options --> Skins

Aqua 1.0
-Originally released for MM2 by DeeLight
Aqua 3.0
-Skin begins transition to MM3 thanks to Peke and PetrCBR
Aqua 4.0
-Skin becomes usable for MM3 thanks to MarineBrat
Aqua 4.1
-MM3 transition errors fixed, skin maintained and packaged
Aqua 4.3
-Player issues fixed
Aqua 4.4
-More consistent FloatPlayer added
-InfoPopUp panel added
-Small player glitches fixed

Troubleshooting:
I downloaded the file from the link above, but it is a .zip file, not a .mmip file!
--This is a result of using Internet Explorer to download the file, which automatically renames the .mmip extension to .zip. Try downloading the file with another browser such as Firefox or Opera, or rename the downloaded .zip file to Aqua4.mmip .
Last edited by nohitter151 on Thu May 29, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Nice work! I will try it when I have time tonight.
Best regards,
Morten
Peke

Post by Peke »

Great to see it so complete. THX nohitter151
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Thanks! If you catch any glaring mistakes let me know and I'll see what I can do about fixing them.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

sounds like you found the same errors i did when converting mm 2 skins.

you get an A for effert and the guts to keep doing more of them.
i stopped with the brushed steel skin. i sent it to trixmoto but he has not said if he wants it relesed yet. maybe if you ask him about it he might think more on letting it in public.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Beautiful skin. Thanks for fixing the buttons!
Bex

Post by Bex »

nohitter151,

Thank you for this one!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MarineBrat wrote:Beautiful skin. Thanks for fixing the buttons!
Bex wrote:nohitter151,

Thank you for this one!
Glad to do it :)

Peke

Post by Peke »

Just as an information I currently use It on MM settings exactly set as it was on MM2.x and enjoying it very much.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

Peke wrote:Just as an information I currently use It on MM settings exactly set as it was on MM2.x and enjoying it very much.
Same here. Works great and looks great! It looks just like MM2 except that the player width isn't locked, which was my primary complaint about MM2.
bob61

Post by bob61 »

Thanks for making this skin available, especially with the small player, really let me finish laying out my MM3 just they way I wanted.
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

I'm enjoying this sking quite a bit. It's very "space-smart" in the way that it uses the available real estate. But I wonder if it would be possible to make the title bar blue? When running this in a window it's hard to tell where the top of the program ends and the background begins.

I've tried tinkering with ThemeEditor7, but I've never had any experience with it before and am a bit lost.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I could do it, but I hate to mess with the core of the original and mass distribute the skin without consent of the author (and I am not 100% sure who it is and if they still even use MM!) If you PM me or email me a picture of what the title bar should look like (preferably .png or .bmp format) I could make a custom one for you.

monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

did some looking on the web site at winamp downloads for classic skins in their computer os styles.

and found one called
waterfront

it was made by

Mathijs van Altvorst

the skin looks very much like the same skin as aqua 4 to me.?

and the author is in the same area morten is in, the neatherlands.

hey morten did you make this waterfront skin and just change your name and the skins name just for monkey's site more then likely not but i had to ask. :roll:

8)
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

nohitter151 wrote:I could do it, but I hate to mess with the core of the original and mass distribute the skin without consent of the author (and I am not 100% sure who it is and if they still even use MM!) If you PM me or email me a picture of what the title bar should look like (preferably .png or .bmp format) I could make a custom one for you.
I'm tinkering with ThemeEditor7 and it looks to me like it's a lot harder than I first thought it would be to change the titlebar color. The titlebar isn't a contiguous color, it's a series of horizontal stripes, so you can't just easily fill it with the color you want.

In lieu of posting a picture, I'll just describe what I meant.

The titlebar of Aqua4 MediaMonkey has the MM icon on the left, followed by the word MediaMonkey in a dark blue font. On the right side are five round colored buttons. And the titlebar background is a creamy white color with faint greyish horizontal lines.

My only graphical programming experience has been with Delphi and VB, where the color of the title bar is easily changed. And in fact, most programs can have their title bar color changed simply by using the Windows Theme functionality. It appears to be a much larger deal when making that change in MediaMonkey, where everything is created by stacking images on top of each other. As far as I can tell it would take the modification of several images to do what I'm wanting to do, and they aren't simple images that lend themselves to being modified.

I used to use the Non-Skinned version of MM, but since MM3 that feature has become unusable because of its player, IHMO.

But anyway, my preference is to have the titlebar background color a dark blue with white text. But since I'm a begger, I have no problems not being a chooser. :) Aqua4 skin is already a work of art, and I love what it has done for MM3.