Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

your bouncing slide lever av effect is able to be put in the skin its the same one as in blue glass, i thought morten had sat there and wrote the code but i found he just copied it from blue glass and moded it to fit his skin. i did the same for the skin of trixmoto's that i converted brushed monkey.

its possible just depending on what magicalpig wants to do.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Oh, great. So, maybe magicalpig is gonna put it on it's skin too :)
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

he might but it is just a lot of time to get the settings in the ini file for that av effect to match what you want it to be in size on the player.
just messing around in it took me about an hour to find and get the size working proper for the brushed monkey skin. :-?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

I don't know. I mean, it's supposed to be a look-alike right? I'm just not sure how many features I should add to the skin... I've corrected a few issues already but did not add anything new yet.

@Fraxav, #5 on your list is black on my computer...

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

if it is a look alike then make it a look alike just make the colors easy to read all the fonts with.
then make a new skin and add in stuff.

8)
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Yes, there is no such need to have that effect to be true.
And again, yes...the skin is yours and it's meant to be a look alike. So, just focus on the main graphical/buggy features ;)

And...could my blue font depend on some Windows general setting? I thought it was set by the skin. So, maybe you could have the skin to set it to a proper color (since I think black on black is hard to read). White/fair gray, maybe.

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Fraxav wrote:could my blue font depend on some Windows general setting?
Well, as it is obviously different from one system to another, I'd think that it is.

And what item are you talking about in this sentence?
Fraxav wrote: So, maybe you could have the skin to set it to a proper color (since I think black on black is hard to read). White/fair gray, maybe.
Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Fraxav, some of the fonts are controlled by the windows desktop of the users computer theme.

but not all of them and the ones on panel can be changed in the skin.

or the panel color can be changed. but if the fonts are not ones you can change in the skin then you have to change the panel.

the trouble is that in the skinning engine you can change all the font colors. but when you get that skin zipped up and used in monkey the ones you changed might be some that are controlled by the desktop theme. then you got to back in to the engine and change all those fonts backgrounds to work with black fonts. because that is mostly the color of fonts used, by everybody and his brother :P , on those font areas that wont change in monkey's skin. :) so its mostly trail and error until you find all the fonts in monkey that won't change in real world use in windows.

when i get my mmip files on line where it says the skin's version number you will be able to see that it takes lots of redoing in the skins to get them where they work. some of mine have minor version change numbers of 20 times and major version numbers of 12 times. but then too i found that going in to the skin that many times did also change the location marks for some images. so they got out of alignment in the skins, i had to back in one more time and redo all the location markers for the images and stop with that skin updating.

(whether or not the skin engine made the messed up alignments or i did by re adding the images is not known only that i had to redo the whole skin after too many times of updating the same mskn.)
so that is a lot of going back and forth with the zipping and unzipping.
which is why i said in my lesson to make folders to work with for your skin.
then you can just use them and replace your zip file with a new one after you fixed the error, you found in the last skin after you had it zipped up.
just saves time :D
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Yep cowboy, I'm glad I followed your advice about zipping when I started doing skinning. What a waste of time if you don't!!!! I still don't get why we don't have the possibility to skin EVERYTHING in a skin. This should be the one and only request in the skinning wish list...

Victor.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

well monkey uses explorer shell. i think if they skin everything then m$ would be upset.? thats just my HO. but knowing what M$ lawyers like to do to the little guys? well i'll bet that is why they don't allow the complete changing. or maybe M$ blocks part of it?

and the developers don't want to make a whole new shell just for monkey since its already in windows? it would make monkey bloated. unless they changed there minds and are working to that direction now.

8)
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

magicalpig wrote:And what item are you talking about in this sentence?
Fraxav wrote: So, maybe you could have the skin to set it to a proper color (since I think black on black is hard to read). White/fair gray, maybe.
I was still talking about that blue (for me) or black (for you) fonts.

I'm not sure I understood what you said, cowboy. :oops:
Were those tips for me or for magicalpig?
Could this problem be fixed by skinners someday, or should I change my Windows settings for every new skin? :o

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

those tips were for anyone that looks at the thread, but were trying to explain to you what goes on.

only way for skinners to fix it is if the developers change the way the skin is using the shell and make a shell of their own, but that would be making monkey bloated.

if you don't know shell think of it like this.
the computer screen is all black. just like when its off.
you can't do anything with out a shell for the users interface to be held in.
that is really basic simple way of looking at it but thats what it is.

those fonts will need to be worked with by the author of the skin you want to use. or you can go to the skinning engine and find out how to fix the panel color your self. :D

8)
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings
magicalpig wrote:Yep cowboy, I'm glad I followed your advice about zipping when I started doing skinning. What a waste of time if you don't!!!! I still don't get why we don't have the possibility to skin EVERYTHING in a skin. This should be the one and only request in the skinning wish list...

Victor.
I agree with this.

DreadM
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

All right cowboy. :D
Btw, I noticed that those fonts are blue also in Glided skin, but Glided is a clear, white skin so I never noticed them. Are those fonts black for you in Glided too, magicalpig?

fallenP

Post by fallenP »

Great skin!
looks nice, works well, and i really like the slim float player

one thing tho..
the volume change.. it seems that the volume bar is equal to the wave volume in the master volume.. like its preset for mm to have the bar at max but my actual wave bar in master volume is very low.. now when i click the circle in the volume bar it makes the wave bar to 100% (it doesnt make the wave bar go max but it makes the actual volume go to what it would sound like with max wave volumte) and turns very loud and when i move the circle around it mimics wat it would be like if i move the wave bar up and down.

..dont noe if i made anysense..><" but ya thats the only problem right now
other then that great work =)