Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi Lona, let me know if the updated version fixed the font problem for you. I'm happy you like the skin :)

Victor.

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:06 pm

I thought I had found THE skin when I first applied this one (despite the lack of a stop button on the player which I really like to have).

Unfortunately, when one tries auto-tagging, almost everything is unreadable. :(
Stop Button Freak

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:53 pm

Hi Vyper,
I'm thinking about doing a version with a stop button for you stop-button freaks ;)
Where should I put it? Any suggestion? Adding it graphically and coding it is not hard but I don't see where I can put it without affecting the balance "prev-PLAY/PAUSE-next"...

As for the fonts / background in auto-tag it will be fixed soon. That is as soon as I've found out to change it :-?

Victor.

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:05 am

I think a small button to the right or left of the volume control would look okay to me. :D

stop-button freak :lol:
Stop Button Freak

Full_Circle

Post by Full_Circle » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:50 pm

Woo, thanks magicalpig, this is a really beautiful skin and very easy on the eye! Big thumbs up from me :D

aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:25 am

I've noticed a couple of areas where things are still difficult to make out

one is the search box, where black text all but disappears against the dark grey background while typing
and (because I have to rate songs via the right-click context menu :P ) I have found I can't see what the rating of the song already is. I don't display ratings in the now playing window--just the library.
blah blah complain complain --> everybody wants the skin of their dreams :wink:

PEACE

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:13 pm

@Vyper
I'll definitely do a variation on the theme with a stop button. I'll see how I can merge it into the theme.

@Full_Circle
Thanks, I think that's one of the most interesting feature of the skin : it just doesn't kill your eyes.

@aidan_cage
It's cool you "complain", it helps me correct the things I left out.
I know of the search box problem, but I didn't find a way to change it yet though I went through all the fonts options.
In which view can't you see the ratings exactly? The properties menu after you right-clicked on a song / album? Or in the list view or album???

Victor.

phoenix_m5

Post by phoenix_m5 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:02 pm

looks amazing. thank you so much!

aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:52 pm

magicalpig wrote: In which view can't you see the ratings exactly? The properties menu after you right-clicked on a song / album? Or in the list view or album???
In the right-click context menu. I can see the stars, but usually the song's rating is highlighted in some way, so I know what it already is [in other skins I've used]

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:01 pm

@phoenix_m5 : Thanks a lot :)

@aidan_cage : I see what you're talking about. Man, you surely pay attention to the details! ;) But that's cool. I'm going to add this to the to-do list in my first post. And I will do what's in there as soon as I find out how...

Victor.

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:35 am

Hey aidan_cage, I've been getting back onto the skin problems and wishes and I really don't know where I would stick the ratings in the float player. Are you sure it's not rather in the main player you'd like to have the ratings on?

I'll release a new version of the skin in a few days with some fixes as well as some variations on the skin 1. with a stop button (useless but some of you want it :wink:) 2. with ratings in player.

Victor.
Last edited by magicalpig on Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:49 am

I don't know. I just need to rate all my songs :-?

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:51 am

aidan_cage wrote:what about including rating stars in the float player? I like to have access to choose ratings visually while I listen--maybe it's me.
I'm referring to what you said earlier...

Victor.

aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:25 am

yeah sorry
but I really do just need to rate them all

--looking at the float player, I see what you mean
It is designed to include the information that it does, and there is no place for anything else as it is
they would be nice on the main player (the information section that is a lighter colour looks sort of iPod-ish, so they could fit there above the shuffle button, or above the volume
I'm too drunk and tired and burnt out from exams right now to really know
thanks for caring though! I just want a quick and simple way to click once to choose a rating from the player (the only reason I even think about rating the songs is because the option to rate them is there)
:roll:

It's a pretty pretty skin --> don't fret about it if you think the stars look ugly

PEACE

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:58 am

magicalpig wrote:(useless but some of you want it ...) Victor.
Why is it useless? If it truly is useless, I'll stop asking for it. :D
Stop Button Freak