Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:48 am

I wish it was ossible to add more shit like that on the empoty spaces on the player.

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:52 am

magicalpig wrote:Version 1.4 released!!!!

Here's a list of what I changed or added :

"changed info pop-up look. Fixed main player left corner truncated. Fixed speed button look and behavior. Added album tag as default in float player. Added ratings in main player on all versions. Added alternative download of a stop-button version of the main player".

If you want to get rid of the of the ratings in the main player, just go to MM skin's directory, open your songbird skin's msz file with winzip/winrar. Open the "player.ini" file in it and delete the "[Rating]" entry.

And a list of what still needs to be done :

-Change font for search box.
-Change background colors and fonts for "Tag From Web" panel.
-Change background color for text / comment box in album/track properties.
-Change "no highlight" over rating in right-click context menu.
-Refine system buttons look.
-Change ratings look in Monkey Rok skin

Amy comment or suggestions welcomed!

Enjoy,
Victor.
Thank you thank you thank you. :D
Stop Button Freak

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:41 am

Awesome! Love that you added the album title to the float player. I had no opinion about the stop button (I use Now Playing controls, systray or my keyboard), but the ratings look natural and very nice in the main player. Well done! :)

Now we just need someone to rig a script/extension to automatically change the MonkeyRok skin when we select a new player skin. ;)
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:29 am

@sblast : yes drjboulder is right.
If you don't want it, you can open your skin msz file with an archive software (winzip/rar), open player.ini and delete this entry :
[KbpsDisplay]
Type=Text
Resizable=0,0,1,1
CenterOffsetX=120
Pos=0,38
Size=28,12
Transperent=1
TextMask=%B
TextAlign=0
FontColor=444444
FontHeight=-9

Anonymous wrote:I wish it was ossible to add more shit like that on the empoty spaces on the player.
Like what? Like track name, album, kbps and other info or ratings?? If you're talking about adding mor info, it is possible if I (or you) change some stuff in the .ini file.

@everyone else : thanks :D

Victor.

nomeansno

Post by nomeansno » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:18 pm

thanks for the stop button........... :lol:

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Yeah, no problem.
Actually I still wonder about the use of it, but I find myself using the stop button version more than the regular.... :roll:

Victor.

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:30 am

YEAH!!!!!! I finally managed to make some decent looking system buttons. That's the only update for 1.5. Of course I changed them in the stop button version as well.

I might redo the pressed button because I'm not entirely satisfied but it looks way better than before. 8)

Let me know if you consider it's an improvement or not. (I hope you do)

...and by the way, I've been using the ratings in the main player and the feature is not too irritating like I thought it would, it's unobtrusive and nice to have around. I might try to add it to the float player...

Victor.

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:35 pm

I changed the pressed instance of the system button. It looks better like this. No need to release a new version for so small a change though.
I've updated the links so if you already have downloaded version 1.5, make sure you download it again to have the updated button.

Victor.

Sblast

Post by Sblast » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:26 am

Thank you

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:01 am

No problem! :)

Victor.

aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:52 pm

WOW
Huge update, and well worth it. Thanks for all the hard work. The stars don't look that bad, do they? :)
Would it be easy for me to pop them into the Float player? (the one I can minimise to without losing the player to the taskbar)

also...the player doesn't seem to compress properly when shifting it from dominating the entire lower section of the application to just the section between the tree panel and monkeyrok (so between the left and right panels--I'll post a screen cap if it's not clear)
I don't know if it is supposed to compress well, but some other skins seem to.

I seem to always be a critique, but you know your skin is a beauty :D

Thanks again for this serious skin.

Outstanding :o

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:14 pm

Thanks aidan, and no problem with the critique. I need it. I can't find out everything that's wrong without the help of the users...

The player is not intended to be compressed but I can add it to the to-do list.
And if you can post a screenshot, that's cool. It's always easier to understand really what it's about with images.

Next big update will be on fonts and colors of "Tag From..." windows. :) And maybe a couple other things.

Victor.

Full_Circle

Post by Full_Circle » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:43 am

magicalpig wrote:YEAH!!!!!! I finally managed to make some decent looking system buttons. That's the only update for 1.5. Of course I changed them in the stop button version as well.
I'm probably missing the very obvious, but what are the system buttons? Cause I cant seem to pinpoint the difference from the last release.......

Sblast

Post by Sblast » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:12 am

Can you make the PLAYER shorter?
It is really long!

spacefish

Post by spacefish » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:50 am

You can drag the player up from its default location and it will resize. I keep mine between the nav tree frame and MonkeyRock, under the main window.
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes