Skin NOIR v 1.4

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Vyper

Re: Font proplem

Post by Vyper » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:14 pm

DreadM wrote:Please let me know what you think about ,for me it's ok.
I like it! :D

When will it be available? :D
Stop Button Freak

DreadM

Re: Skin NOIR v 1.0

Post by DreadM » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:34 pm

Soon come
I think i let it like it is (screenshot) ,it's a compromise but it works (brighter than v.0.9 and lighter than v.1.0)
i make also some fine tunning and change some littel things,
but before i have to check the skin again. :wink:

Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:10 pm

I didn't really pay much attention to the screenshot when I wrote my previous message.
But It look indeed brighter than 1.0.
I think it's a good compromise . :D
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:27 pm

All I can say is great job. I am learning how to change font colors and such so I am mostly interested in the theme. I think this skin is gorgeous.

Don't forget the "Noir Red" though. I can spend hours looking at how to change the color to red or I can get yours. It's my after Christmas present.

DreadM

Post by DreadM » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:56 pm

Greetings

Thanks,To change the main font it's easy

ListBox colors and fonts:
Fonts\ListItemTextNormal - for normal text
Fonts\ListItemTextHot - for 'hot' text
Fonts\ListItemTextSelected - for selected text

But don't you look to the Media Monkey 3.x Skinning Reference ? it's a good point to start from.

and Noir fire will come :wink:

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:35 pm

Noir Fire ...... cool name .... :D
Stop Button Freak

dypsis

NOIR Forest

Post by dypsis » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:29 pm

DreadM wrote:Noir fire will come :wink:
And then maybe NOIR Forest??? :wink:

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:23 pm

Again, I love the Noir Red (Rouge?) exactly the way it is. I did go in and change the font color of the Noir to a nice maroon. However, I could not find any way to change the scroll bars, borders, highlight bar, player, etc. to the nice color you have.

Is that because it is an image? I went into Objects in the Theme Editor, changed the vertical and horizontal scroll color to maroon and nothing happened. Changed other things that I thought would work and nothing did, only able to change the font colors.

I'm still very new to skinning and don't understand all I need to know so I'm sorry for the rookie question. Maybe after the new year starts I can get into this a bit more.

DreadM

Re: Skin NOIR v 1.1 plus colored versions

Post by DreadM » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:11 am

Greetings

Happy Noir Year :D

Colored versions see first post

Vyper

Post by Vyper » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:42 am

Love that screenshot!

Thanks for the updates and all your hard work! :D
Stop Button Freak

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:39 pm

My first presents of the new year. WOW.

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Thanks very much. The new default Noir's brighter fonts make all the difference.

I'm reluctant to talk about what I DON'T like but here goes anyway! These are just my opinions.

1. The way tracks are highlighted when they are selected (it's even worse when they are selected but not in focus). Again we have the grey text on grey background. So, although we have the (not very nice) highlight background (which does clearly show which track is selected), the actual text of the highlighted track is less clear to read than the text of the other non-selected tracks. That can't be right. I know you are battling problems inherent in MM but I don't know if still something could be done to improve this?

2. Have you seen what the Cafe Moka skin does to the mmStations script's panel of 'stations'? It's a wonderful thing. There's no way I can use the Moka script; you've done a great job with the slim player in Noir so Moka is like a nightmare the first time you see it! But Eyal's managed to get a skin that really lifts MM up somehow and brings it together and the fact that mmStations is automatically skinned suggests that Eyal has some handy skinning skills that might be useful to others. I think that between you, Morten and Eyal (and some help from the Devs re outstanding requests) you could come up with a new very cool default MM skin to replace Glided. Anyway, please can you see if you can make mmStations look nicer in Noir like Eyal has in Moka?

3. Four of the five classification/categorize toolbar icons are just too muted/dark/plain. I use them quite a lot and each time I'm only clicking on "the third one" or whatever. The actual images don't help the eye at all. The icons for the Views and Play Now/Next/Last are fine. The Send to Playlist one maybe not so fine. It's actually debatable whether I want the black icons at all, since there are so many other icons which are not skinned. Not sure, but please can you liven up the existing ones?

4. Glided's micro player has a very cool little track position slider. That would be good in Noir. I think you could make the volume slider a little slimmer, by the way.

5. I think the rating stars in the player should go from the bottom up not top down. You've obviously thought about it and disagree but I wonder what others think?

6. The sliders. I see that there's a new highlight when you hover near the slider button. I like it and can almost see what's going on but I still don't quite get it. If I'm at the top of the tree and I want to go down by clicking somewhere, under the button, on the slider ... I have to click lower down than the new highlight indicator thing. Why? We should be able to click anywhere under the button to go down. The behavior may be the same as before and that's why you've added the highlight. I'm not sure because I've never quite got the sliders in Noir or Eclipse. I don't like that the sliders don't go to the end so you don't know whether you're at the end or not until you get familiar with how far from the end is 'the end'.

That's enough to be going on with isn't it?!

Thanks is the main message though, because I need to have a dark skin and Songbird just doesn't cut it and the job you've done here is very, very good.

Happy New Year.

dypsis

Post by dypsis » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:15 am

I just updated NOIR to v1.1, but Noir.msz doesn't overwrite the previous version because there is a space before the dot. Like below.

Noir .msz

DreadM

Post by DreadM » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:31 am

Greetings

@ MM3 monkey

whats wrong here?
bright focus text , black font on select and unselect text with light gray /dark gray backround

I try my skins on 3 different Screens/Pc's with different resulutions and contrast settings , and looks fine here.

MM stations
???

The icons are not finsh and need some more work and fine tunning.its version 0.1 of this icon set and still not final

Ah yes a seek bar on micro player,i still hope the devs implant this to the popup from Microplayer (MM3.1).I think to many littel things in the player are not realy nice and helpfull,if you need more controll you can use the Mini Player.

vert. Rating:
yes you are right , i prefer also to start from bottom,but can't bring it to work .

ScrollBars works like in each other skin or the most windows prog.
Top/Bottom/Left/Right you got a space from 17/17 pixel to press,
and between Vert. and Horz Bars a emty space from 17/17 .Just noir Bars looks not so heavy.

Thanks for comments ,but maybe you can post next time with a screenshot,to better understand.

@ dybsis

oops ,its fixed . :oops:

MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:11 am

1. Yes, I'll have to post a screenshot. I will do as soon as I can

2. Again I'll post a screenshot. But the difference is that the Stations background in the Moka skin is Moka brown to match all the other 'borders'. The other skins I've tried it with all keep the grey background which doesn't match anything. Maybe I'm suggesting a black background. Whatever Eyal has done, I'm very impressed - especially as I would have thought that it would be part of Stations itself not the skins.

4. No worries, just my 2 cents. I thought Morten had done a really good job with the little discreet slider. This one doesn't bother me in the least.

5. OK. Good luck. It's another tiny detail. It doesn't bother me, again it was just generally part of my hopefully constructive feedback.

6. I still don't quite get it but I'll have another look.

Thanks for the thorough answer and I'll get back more properly in a bit.

Please understand that Noir is my favorite skin, so any suggestions and questions I have are only trying to make the best better. I'm fairly sure I've thanked and praised you and I want to do it again, but I have to hold off from too many superlatives or else you might think that I think it's perfect - good enough to replace Glider as MM's official skin. The highlighting issue is quite a big one for me. Maybe it's just me; I'll get you some screenshots.

Thanks very very much and all the best for 2009.