Blue Glass Song Title Cutoff

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rrfpacker

Blue Glass Song Title Cutoff

Post by rrfpacker » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Has anyone ever noticed that if the song title has letters that extend below the line (the imaginary line that the title sits on), such as g, y, q, j, and y that part of the letter is cut off? No big deal but seems to distract from a beautiful skin.

Is there a way to fix this?

Eyal

Re: Blue Glass Song Title Cutoff

Post by Eyal » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:24 am

rrfpacker wrote:Has anyone ever noticed that if the song title has letters that extend below the line (the imaginary line that the title sits on), such as g, y, q, j, and y that part of the letter is cut off? No big deal but seems to distract from a beautiful skin.

Is there a way to fix this?
Hi Rrfpacker, yes indeed it's a beautiful skin.
You can fix it by following these steps:

1) Locate the file C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Skins\Blue Glass.msz and open it with Winzip or a compatible archive compressor.
2) Edit with notepad the in-file PLAYER.INI and locate the [SongTitle] section.
3) In that section change the two lines to be:

Code: Select all

Pos=138,2
Size=100,16
4) Save the file and confirm when Winzip ask to modify the file in the archive.

Do the same for FLOATPLAYER.INI with the following lines:

Code: Select all

Pos=138,2
Size=156,16
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Excellent, works like a charm.

Goods news for me is I actually understand why your instructions work. You raised the line in order to make it bigger.

Even as a novice I should have thought of that. Thank you so much.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:52 pm

keep in mind you might make it cover something else up if you make that line higher.
changing little things in the skin like that always seems to be a pain when you find it makes something else not right.
you get in to a bucket of worms and then you really have a mess. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Understood. If it does cover something up, I'll have to put it back the way it was. I'm just glad it fixed BlueGlass.