Album art window background colour

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

danhackley

Album art window background colour

Post by danhackley » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:56 am

Is it possible to change the colour of the album art window background colour? Currently it seems to be a kind of pale blue colour. I know that I can adjust the shape of the window so that the cover fills the whole box, but when different shape covers are being shown (e.g. the rear sleeve) then there will inevitably be parts of the window not taken up by the cover. The rest of my skin (gilded) is a kind of grey colour, and I would like to use this.

Many thanks !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3

nohitter151

Re: Album art window background colour

Post by nohitter151 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:17 am

Yes, that's controlled by whatever skin you are using.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:16 am

just ask the author of the skin you like to use if they can change that color with out destroying the rest of the skin's look or feel. i'm sure they would be glad to do a custom update for you or just update the whole skin for everyone. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Thanks guys. The skin I use is "glided", created by Morten. I cannot find out how to contact Morten, as he is not on the members list under this name. MM3, under preferences, allows the user to "override skin backgrounds" for the tree, file list and now playing list - but not, it seems, the album art window !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:36 pm

danhackley wrote:Thanks guys. The skin I use is "glided", created by Morten. I cannot find out how to contact Morten, as he is not on the members list under this name. MM3, under preferences, allows the user to "override skin backgrounds" for the tree, file list and now playing list - but not, it seems, the album art window !
Making the change is relatively simple and you could do it quite easily by reading over some basics at the wiki. If that's still too intimidating you can make a post to the artwork forum and I'm sure someone can just do it for you. Heck, ask me nicely and I'll do it, it should only take a few minutes to change at most.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:18 pm

OK....I'll dip my toe in and have a look at the wiki and try and do it myself. Thanks for the offer though, I may keep that in mind when my skin starts looking like picasso gone wrong.
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:50 pm

morten should be listed in the moderators lists.

he moderates the artwork forum.

just click on his name it takes you to his profile page and a pm link.

but i think he is busy working on a new skin or on his college homework.

okay your asking about the cover art window that shows up when you click on view album art on the view menu?
thats easy to fix your self, just follow the instructions below only instead of looking for the images with the ini files after you just unzip it, you got to go in to the icon's folder that just unzipped. if none there make one.
then make an image about 500 x 500 pixels if you use a big screen. make it a png file call it " NoAArt.png "
save it in that icons folder then just zip the whole lot of folders and files back up to the msz file again. :D

still its easy to add in the artwork background image.

you need to change the msz on the skins file to .zip

unzip it in a new folder so you don't loose any other files.

then in there you will find also or should find images for the tree and list backgrounds.

just copy one of the long thin ones. and rename it to sdb_background_aaview.bmp

then make it look like what you want in mspaint or other program save it as the same bmp fomat.
put it back in the folder.
rezip the files and folders back up to a zip file. rename the zip file back to .msz
then when you start mediamonkey the next time your image will be used for the album art view background.

i think morten made that skin before that option was added in to the program which is why there would not be any image for it, but i'm not sure if he did make it before or just forgot.?
:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks for advice rovingcowboy - but unfortunately it didn't work!

I followed your instructions, and unzipped the Glided.msz file, added an icons folder and put a NoAArt.png file in it. I also put a "sdb_background_aaview.bmp" in the main skins folder. But when MM shows album artwork, the colour of the window surrounded it is still wrong.
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2

DreadM

Post by DreadM » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:15 pm

Greetings

Hi,danhackley if you want to change the background color from the show AlbumArt window (single one)
you have to open the theme.mskn in the skin.msz with Theme editor7 and look under Colors/Window than pick or select another clolor

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks DreadM, that program fixed it ! Now have uniform colour for tree and album art windows, cheers.
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:23 pm

oh so you were talking about the border color of the window. sorry.. :(

8)

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Thanks anyway Rovingcowboy, interesting to hear advice anyhow !
:)
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2