toaster (plugin) transparency greenish (on win7)!?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

spacekris

toaster (plugin) transparency greenish (on win7)!?

Post by spacekris » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:16 pm

hi,
i am using the great winamp toaster plugin with mm3 and it works great except the thing that the transparency is not working (if you choose "no skin" in config).
also i tried to use a transparent gif background, but it also looks like this:

on xp it was ok, but on win7 its like this (dont know how it was with vista?).
somebody with an idea what the problem is and/or how to change this?

rovingcowboy

Re: toaster (plugin) transparency greenish (on win7)!?

Post by rovingcowboy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:42 pm

use the pop up that is part of mediamonkey. the toaster is so old i don't think they have updated it in several years.? :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

spacekris

Post by spacekris » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:40 am

come on, the implemented pop up in mm3 is a joke. you cannot config anything.

right now i am playing around with CDartDisplay.
seems great, one can customize nearly everything.

cheers

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:56 am

spacekris wrote:come on, the implemented pop up in mm3 is a joke. you cannot config anything.

right now i am playing around with CDartDisplay.
seems great, one can customize nearly everything.

cheers
You certainly can, you just need to learn a little bit of skinning to do it.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

spacekris

Post by spacekris » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:11 am

maybe the devs just need to learn a little bit usability and implementing the skinning into the front end.

just take a look at the great cdartdisplay-config and learn how it is done properly.

btw. this is how it looks like currently:

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:55 pm

what are you showing? i don't see anything but the forum and a clock on a side bar.

anyway the pop up notifier in mediamonkey was a script by a member here and was added adapted when inclucded in to mediamonkey so they did not make the pop up just adjusted it and made it have better option controls and have been adding things to it in the skinning of it.

but from what i see in alot of the posts of late is the overbaring wishing of the mediamonkey developers to give their entire code to the user to control some of or every aspect of the program.? you can not give away everything or make everything easy to do or you lose control over the program.

if your wish is not that way i don't know it seemed like it to me. so i gave that statement of what i seen in the forum lately. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

spacekris

Post by spacekris » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:19 pm

rovingcowboy wrote:what are you showing?
?
my current cdartdisplayconfig.

i dont want the code, was just answering to the suggestion using the internal notifier & said it is not useful (for me) because the config is almost nada...

KorkyKat

Post by KorkyKat » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:07 pm

How can one make toast if one doesn't have Winamp? I've downloaded it but crumbs...it won't open the exe.

:D

Benn

Post by Benn » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:51 am

KorkyKat wrote:How can one make toast if one doesn't have Winamp? I've downloaded it but crumbs...it won't open the exe.
Haha :D

I use CDArt Display, and it is fantastic as a discreet mini player.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:08 am

KorkyKat wrote:How can one make toast if one doesn't have Winamp? I've downloaded it but crumbs...it won't open the exe.

:D
toaster will install in to the mediamonkey folder by you pointing to the folder when it asks you where to install.

use to be you had to make a fake winamp exe and put it in the monkey folder but the developers fixed that.

so now it and other winamp plugins will see the folder so you can install them. but i just use the popup in mediamonkey. i use toaster on mediamonkey v.2.5.5.998 because my sister likes it a little better and she wont use mm 3. ( she told me if it had a startrek skin. so i made one, she told me she wanted the bluemonkey skin so i converted the blue monkey from mm 2. she told me she had hard time seeing the popup so i adjusted it on some skins to see better, she also told me she cant tell where the buttons are at so i showed her hillbilly rock diner skin where the names are on all the buttons. and she still won't use mm 3.!!!!) :cry: :roll: