EVERY SKINNER READ THIS MM2 TO 3.1 FIX

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rovingcowboy

EVERY SKINNER READ THIS MM2 TO 3.1 FIX

Post by rovingcowboy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:10 am

Every one that converted a skin from mediamonkey 2.5 to mediamonkey 3.0

and every one that used a converted skin to re do its images and make your own skin.

the mm2.5 theme mskn file has the error in the button container of not letting theme work proper.
reason is theres not enough bitmaps. the code uses only 3.

you need to redo all your converted skins theme, and change the button container to the mm 3.0 version.

you can type it all in again or do the copy and paste of the container from a working mm 3 skin theme.mskn file
to the converted skin's theme.mskn file and re adjust everything. i plan on trying the copy route it seems a bit faster. 8)

thats every skin that was made with the mm 2.5 skin's mskn files. several of mine are like that so i'm busy the next week or so.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

rovingcowboy

Re: EVERY SKINNER READ THIS MM2 TO 3.1 FIX

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:19 am

okay to let you know that are needing to do this to your skins.

the copying of the buttoncontainer object from a working mm 3 skin. and then the pasting of it in the mm 2 converted skin works. but it needs to be done this way.

check the objects in the tree.
if you see the first object is frame.
then in it you see top.
and then in top you see the left center right of the frame images and the buttons listed in a row.
that is what the trouble is or part of it. so the theme you see that in will be needing fixed.

okay so now open the working mm3 them. expand the objects go to the frame where the button container is
select the button container then click the copy button in the top middle of the skinning engine.
now click the open button, don't save anything you did not change it just say no and open the theme you need to fix again. now go to the objects and expand it. select the frame. here is where you need to click the paste button on the skinning engine so as to paste the button container under the frame.
now just in that object top. delete all the buttons except the system button, you need to delete them first so the button container will show up when you adjust the images in it. now go in to each button in the container and adjust the images again.
then adjust the length of the center image to cover the black area if you see any when you check the theme with the control button on the skinning engine. thats all you need do, oh besides remember the names of the buttons might be different from what they do in the program but the code needs the same name as you see in the container. the right hand code for the buttons have an active bitmap that will be the one that shows on the skin at all times. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.